1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Holderness Grueller

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by carpyken, Feb 17, 2009.

Tags:
  1. carpyken

carpyken New Member

I met Mark (MJG69) down South Holderness last night at about 7 o'clock, the cliffs were very greasy and I managed to end up on my bum which wasn't pleasant :embarrass: . We were both very keen to get fishing having heard some good reports from Adrenalin who had fished the mark that morning and done rather well. Sea looked great and there was a very cold north westerly wind. We both set up rods, Mark is experimenting with braid at the moment and had the first fish of the night, two quite large whiting, he was really impressed with the sensitivity of bites with it.

I then had a small knock and slack line which resulted in a small coddling of two and a half pound. Then it went really quiet, the cold wind was going stright through us but we had plenty to chat about and the hours passed pleasantly if not a bit lacking in fish. At 1.30am we decided to call it a day and after watching a couple of strange motions on the top of my rod I pulled in another fish of about three pound. With this we decided to have another chuck but at 2am decided to pack up.

Many thanks to Adrenalin for his info, we could never have missed the spot mate :cheesy: , and big thanks to Mark for the great company, what a great night talking about marks and bass and stuff, I'm ready for summer now.

[​IMG]

Ken

2. Davo

Davo Rockling

Well done Ken, nice fish mate.

3. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

well done Ken at least you got a couple of fish, thats me and you both outfished mark in the past few days :laugh:

4. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Nice couple of fish Ken, you are consistently catching now and that's great well done, 7pm to 2am :surprise:, that's dedication - hopefully will be down that way in the near future

5. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Really enjoyed it Ken even tho the fish werent as obliging given the conditions. Well done on the cod fella.. Ive had a word with adrenalin and told him next time to be more specific about the mark, I dont think an arrow in the sand and a bottle marking the spot is not enough :laugh: :laugh:

Yep thats my wings well and truly clipped.. :wink: :wink: But I'll be back!!!! :butt:

6. newdave

newdave Guest

now you are a full on beach bum you had better get one of those tents :wink:

well done again :happy:

7. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Nice one Ken, good to see you amongst the fish. Wish I could say the same for Mark :laugh: :evil: :embarrass:

8. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

well done ken, 2 nice fish

9. adrenalin.

adrenalin. Blenny

well done ken :cheesy:.
    gad you found the mark easy enuff :laugh:.
    unlucky my apprentice you carnt be king cod all the time. :surprise:
    the fish i had down there from 11.15 til 2oclock were stuffed with fodder.
    they weighed 6lb8oz 3lb8oz and 2lb 7oz.

10. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

well done ken :yes: thats some hours your putting on the clock there, and there paying off for you

11. Woodys Dad

Woodys Dad New Member

well done mate , nice pic