1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another great day on Sea Urchin!

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by stickman, Jun 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. stickman

stickman There's a difference between fishing and catching!

Well done to the guys on the forum trip first of all - wish I could have been there but I had Mick's Sea Urchin booked for myself and nine mates for the day after. We had a great trip yesterday and I managed to smash my own PB cod :cheesy:

I'd started off with a hollow belly shad and managed to catch a 3 pounder which I shared with Dave (Slug) as the greedy fish took BOTH our hollow bellies at once and both were hooked inside its mouth :yes:
    After loosing a couple of shads and remembering that great halibut caught the day before I decided to fish half a squid on an orange jig head. The intention was to jig the squid up and down but the second I felt the lead hit bottom there was a solid take and the fish was on! Mick said he'd bet that it was a ling but to everyone's surprise it was a cod that weighed 13lbs 2oz when we got back into harbour :cool:

I had several other cod, ling and whiting, a couple to hollow bellies but most of mine fell to squid bait (I switched to fishing a whole squid on a pennel rig) or orange Sidewinder sand eel. Dave had a box full of mainly cod and I think they were all on hollow bellies. Everyone onboard had fish, either on shads, muppets or hokkis. My son Dan also had a few on squid, since I had a box to use up and it was on offer to the other guys. Some of them tipped their lures with squid and it did seem to make a difference, especially over slack water.

Many thanks again to Mick for finding the fish and for all the help from Mac, as some of the guys had never fished before. He had a good couple of hours filleting and was still doing them when we got back in harbour. I, being a clever sod :wink: decided to fillet all my own and my son's but I was still going after Mac had done everyone else's :laugh:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. grimreaper

grimreaper Blenny

Glad you all had a good day .

3. kirkby lad

kirkby lad New Member

nice one stickman

4. slug

slug Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

well done keith! it warra reet lump! :cheesy: a great day was had by all!except for poor andy of course who spent the best part of five hours blowing chunks :vomit:
    cant wait to go again, a huge thankyou to mick and mac as usual for putting us on the fish. :yes:

5. stickman

stickman There's a difference between fishing and catching!

Hmm! Andy said next time I book the boat for ten of us can he please be the eleventh man - that way he can back out if the sea isn't flat calm :whatever:. Poor guy usually ends up feeding the fish :vomit:

Thanks again to Mick - your picture is much better than the one my son took :laugh:
    http://whitby-sea-fishing.co.uk/
    Have you got the picture of my son's big whiting Mick?

6. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

Well done Stickman on getting a new personal best and a good report. Been trying to beet my pb for years now. That is a nice looking fish mate :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:.