1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another fantastic days Uptiding in sea - otter 2 for the lads

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by bigcod, Apr 4, 2014.

1. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Well what can I say over 70 codlings on the boat today it fishing it's nutts off inshore the best lad onboard had near on 20 codlings for the day .
    Full report later .

Just one of many for the lads

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2015
  2. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Well the lads onboard yesterday were told it could be a crqck at the wrecking but first we would try the uptiding to see if it fishes as good as yesterday and once the fising was very good indeed the lads has great day the uptiding has been kicking the arse off wrecking all winter it is coming to the end of this sort of fishing but it just keeps fishing well .

Some shots from today this lad had near on 20 cod for his day he had a belter.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Eric took the sweep with this fish.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And another doggy.

[​IMG]

Superb fishing right on your doorstep.

paul.

3. E.F.C. FOREVER

E.F.C. FOREVER Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Are you wrecking or uptiding today paul ??

cod help me !

4. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Around the 70 codling mark again today fished well for the lads managed joint 2nd in the daily with a fish over 7lb its still all to play for .

paul.

5. Misso

Misso Blenny

Are there any rules in the spring summer and autumn festival with the method of fishing? Only I thought that the up-tiding was only for the up-tiding festival ? Only I thought that the three main festivals were all about rough ground and wrecks

6. E.F.C. FOREVER

I dont think theres any rules on which method you fish misso mate just aslong as ya back for weigh in

cod help me !

7. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Sorry where did you dream that idea from its like saying you cant stop for mackeral at the bouy.

Fingers crossed for the lads Tommorow for a big one .

Paul

8. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Good luck Paul, I know there was a 25lber caught 2 weeks ago Uptiding at Robin Hoods Bay, so its very possible to get a biggy, and your no stranger to them on your boat :

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=50.0

[​IMG]

9. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

paul.

10. Baramundi Bob

You keep deleting all your posts lately Paul. Have you got computer problems ?

11. Baramundi Bob

I hear on The Grapevine that Mistress will be uptiding tomorrow, but not for cod. Sounds interesting.

12. Baramundi Bob

The Uptiding Festival Is Not Currently A WCSA Event, its run by the forum. WCSA boats were asked but did not wish to take part so we just ran it as a forum event with 2 or 3 boats taking part, and hence it became known as The Whitby Sea Anglers Forums Uptiding Festival in 2012

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=28767.0

13. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

A private boat had a 13lb cod uptiding yesterday dan in whitby angling weighed it for the lad when they got in were wrecking for most of the day yesterday and managed around 40 codlings came inshore uptiding for last hour and took 30 codlings the lads have never been uptiding before and got a massive eye opener and are buzzing for it now its alive in there a big drop in the tides today might spook it as uptiding loves plenty of tide a complete reversal from the wrecking job.

paul.

14. E.F.C. FOREVER

I dont think misso ment any harm in what he was saying there he was just asking a question
    As the majority of boats only fish the wrecks and ground in festival time

cod help me !

15. Misso

Misso Blenny

Cheers perry like u said i was only question think i ll just stick to reading the topics

16. E.F.C. FOREVER

Dnt b daft thats what forums are about mate questions answers and conversion hope ya well

cod help me !

17. Glenn Kilpatrick

Glenn Kilpatrick Blenny Staff Member

18. Glenn Kilpatrick

Glenn Kilpatrick Blenny Staff Member