1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another cruising day with Lucky Marion & an 8lb pollock

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Spawney-Dave, Jun 10, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Spawney-Dave

Spawney-Dave Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Had a request from a friend to take him & his mate whos on holiday from Canada out fishing. with neither of them being used to our type of Angling I decided that wrecking would be a bit stressful so we went for a jolly on land rock, first stop was the Brig where it was just starting to ebb, I rigged four rods up with a variety of leadheads & shads, and by the time i got to my rod I put a speed jig on but made a very silly error when i put a set of shop bought hokies on thinking a billet or two would impress my guests, we set up on the eddie line & almost straight away my rod went over & i was just hanging onto what felt like a very big pollock, then all went slack & i reeled in to see the snap swivel straightened out :sad:. my own fault as i had thought they looked a bit crappy but didn't change it .
    soon after Marion snaffled a nice Cod of about 6lb on a shad
    [​IMG]
    then we had a few small codling & billet before i got another rod stopper & this time managed to boat this which weighed in about 8.5lb, it was a very lucky fish as it got to be photographed & returned for someone else to catch :happy:
    [​IMG]
    The ebb was going really good by then so we decided to go birdwatching at Bempton, any of the kayak lads who don't believe it should have seen the standing waves this morning :scared:
    picked the odd fish up over there and then anchored up in the bay to see if the thorneis have turned up yet, however the mini dabs never gave it a chance.
    [​IMG]
    stopped back at the Brig for another session but things were quiet so home for Tea :happy:
    very pleasant day & considering the low key nature of the day not bad results

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Cracking Pollack there Dave, I always get excited when I see them. Was thinking of having a go with plugs at the earliest opportunity.

3. bigbob1

bigbob1 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Nice to see you catching again Dave .hope you have many hours of fun this year all the best

4. Spawney-Dave

water is clearing fast so should be some good sport coming, certain the one i lost was a double could kick myself for not changing the snap :angry:

5. Baramundi Bob

I like to watch the pollack swim away, they are such a graceful fish I hate to kill them, but having said that Ive also eaten one fresh and they are amazingly good.

I cant wait to get at them. Water looked very coloured at Whitby today and I dont think the south east wind is helping things. Hopefully settle for next weekend.

6. Jmeddy

Jmeddy Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Well done looks like u had a cracking day, loving all these reports coming in thick n fast ....:)

7. adrenalin.

adrenalin. Blenny

Good pollock that dave shame about the big boy!been using the abyss style speedjigs for the past couple of seasons on the wrecks off withernsea.had sum nice pollock with em rhubard & colour.

8. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Just got in from work to read this report.........another cracking day out for the goodship Spawney.....great to see the female pheromones still working for your good lady :cool:.

Is the kayak going to see any fishing action now you have the comforts of the Warrior ? I know which I would prefer and it would'nt involve paddles ! :wink:

Well done on the fish, great to see you both enjoying the boat so much. Spawney git ! :laugh:

9. Howard

Howard Blenny

Fine report as usual Dave glad you had a good day and thanks for sharing it. The fishings getting there ever so slowly. I wonder what the Filey lads got in their match last night ?
    One lad that often comes with me always insists on freeling an unwashed squid aswell as shadding when we go back a Brigg. He puts it on the ratchet so it screems like hell when a pollock hits. The numbers and quality of fish he has had is amazing.
    Exciting way of fishing :yes:

10. lucy may

lucy may Blenny

Nice one Dave, yep the water didnt look half bad on Sunday last, good on ya releasing the Pollock!

dave

11. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Nice one guys, your becoming old hands at this boating lark :happy:

Hope the Spawneyness lasts for the weekend :happy:

12. Spawney-Dave

Thanks Dave, going to wash the coal dust off the Dorado for the Runswick match, but its not had any sea miles this year & probably won't get many other than an odd Bass session. the boat is great for the 2 of us to fish together and I get my kayak fun in the Rockpool now. :yes:

13. smokey

smokey Rockling

I thought that was you passing outside of us yesterday dave :happy:

I guess your power boat course never told you to listen to channel 16 all day :wink: :yes: :yes: :laugh:

14. Spawney-Dave

sorry Martin, I though I saw you tied up in the harbour, think i need to put an external speaker on the Radio as I tend not to hear it when i have my head up steaming :embarrass: got a DSC radio so i will let you have my mmsi number, need to start using it :yes:

15. Baramundi Bob

Nice to see you back on the site Smokey, its been a while. Hope you still find time to get a line over the side.