1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Angus Cod Fishing Report...

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by GJW, Jul 9, 2011.

1. TangleJock

TangleJock Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hi Lads,

Yes, my apologies, you are forgiven for thinking I had fallen off the face of the earth. No, I had not been abducted by aliens :alien: - not this time! I been working! like a dog -but someone has to do it. :sad: :tired:

As usual, a cracking report there and fantastic photos of your visit, the area and, importantly, the fish! I have to hand it to you guys, you know how to winkle out those cod. There are some great fish there, and that one of Martin's is particularly fine. Gary, that fish second from the top - I do believe that fish is wearing Royal Stuart. :yes:. Alan, you seem to find the fish that makes everything else in the picture look real good - is this a deliberate ploy? We deserve to be told. :wink:

Well now that I have insulted everyone, I can thank all of the Guys for an entertaining time, a couple of good sessions, and for their never ending generosity. Of course, as usual they did catch more fish than me, but as you know, being a Scot and looking kindly upon visitors from down south, I did step back and let the lads have the prime spots :whistle:.

Here are a few additional photos of your visit:

A fine day over Rumness
    [​IMG]

The lads pick the perfect spot.
    [​IMG]

A nice fish for Gary.
    [​IMG]

Alan off for another jog up the cliff path:
    [​IMG]

A frisky one for Martin
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gary admires a small but perfectly formed Scottish cod.
    [​IMG]

Alan and the wee lad off for a days fishin! "This is how you do it Martin" says Dad.
    [​IMG]

Another fine cod falls to Gary and his fresh peeler.
    [​IMG]

I waited till the lads went home for tea, then decided to land a small fish.
    [​IMG]

I had its twin brother a few minutes later. At least I didn't blank.

Again, thanks to all for a couple of great sessions and company.

I look forward to your visits in the Autumn, by then I'll clean that greasy spot off my camera lens (middle left, - very irritating).

I guess you'll be heading off to the Mull next week for the bass - I'm green with envy! I hope you have a great week and the weather is good to you. I look forward to your report when you return.

Tight lines,

David

2. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

Welcome back to planet earth David , that was a really nice report with some fine pictures , we really enjoyed ourselves and are looking
    forward to the next time , Im really envious in the nicest possible way of course , of where you live and the superb fishing it has to offer
    hope to see you in Oct / Nov

3. GJW

GJW Rockling

Hello David thought maybe you were so busy collecting peeler crabs you had no time to post.. Thanks for the comments and some great pictures. Hope to see you again when I return in the Autumn until then please keep us posted on your trips. Tightlines!

4. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

as usual excellent report
    met you at clash some moons ago and still fishing from your info re money head etc
    mike since passed away but we still doing it
    going again sunday

5. GJW

GJW Rockling

I guess this is John or Paul, It was very sad to hear about Mike sure he will be still be with you lads when you are out fishing and enjoying every moment. Will be up the Mull from today 23-7-2011 hope to see out fishing.

Tightlines.