1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Angus Cod Fishing Report...

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by GJW, Jul 9, 2011.

1. ste muir

ste muir New Member

Great stuff Gary.We were up there the weekend you arrived,we got some fish but nowhere near the calibre you lads pulled out.Just goes to show you cant beat experience and area knowledge.Well done to you all.

2. bow1

bow1 Rockling

Cracking report as usual,glad yoiu found the fish.hoping to get up myself before the winter

3. Tricky

Tricky Bill and Ben were Fishermen

Firstly I would like to thank Gary, Martin, Alan and Dave for letting me join them on the Wednesday up at Usan :happy: Great bunch of guys who go out their way to offer help and advice. All tips noted and going to be tried out at later date so thanks again :wink:

For anyone who has never fished with the guys they are simply excellent anglers. They hooked a good number of cod on the day I was there and to see them in action is something to behold if I am honest. Kind of made me look like I didn't know one end of the rod from the other! :confused: Gary and Martin certainly know their stuff and were landing fish after fish with Martin getting the largest of the day just before we finished up at Usan. Dave missed a big fish when his line got hit hard then snagged up. It's probably the big one Martin caught moments later lol :cry:

Alan provided excellent company for myself and the banter was good throughout the day :laugh: He can also catch fish like no bodies business and clamber over rocks in a manner that would put many a younger man to shame.

I would also like to add that Alan kept on mentioning cliff top fishing during our day at Usan and I did not think I would get to experience this. However later that evening I was down the Vicky park having walked my dog and decided to head down again to see where Alan had mentioned. As I pulled up I saw Martin's car and a short walk along the cliffs I found Martin, Alan and Gary fishing from the Cliff top. In the short time I was there Alan and Martin landed a cod each. For me this was an eye opener and something I am going to try in the future.

So once again a big thank you to Gary and the guys and hope to catch up with you all the next time you are up this way.

Oh, and Gary, can I have your autograph please! :laugh:

4. congerball

congerball Blenny

Fantastic report Gary, well done.

5. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

6. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

I took some frozen Hermans Hermits with me and they did the Bizz , on the Friday I got 6 cod four of them falling to Hermit Crabs
    so its a bait worthy of consideration when you are fishing into heavy ground , it can also be a good bait in the winter

7. seanyrooroo

seanyrooroo Pig Hunter

Top drawer as usual lads. Inspiritional stuff!!

8. Ian Alexander

Ian Alexander Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hello Gary,
    Another great report mate. I always enjoy these posts and quality photos from one of my favourite places to fish. Well done lads :yes:

Regards Ian

9. Crab Nut

Crab Nut Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

top report there garry, as you know it wasn't always easy, but we pulled a few out most days, excellent pics as well, thanks for taking the time and trouble to post - p.s alans jokes don't get any better though

10. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

The jokes were all new material ----- well newish , I saw you splitting your sides a few times :yes: :yes: :yes:

11. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

Excellent report and pics Gary it made for very enjoyable reading. Well done to all of you I can only dream of days like you have had up there. Great stuff Tight lines Chris

12. brocky

brocky Hot Rod !!!

great report gaz, plenty of fish caught and hopefully another good report coming very soon haha

13. Dav

Dav Rockling

Top report and fishing as always gary , backed up with pics that say it all .....Cheers

14. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

As I have said before an OS map is essential along with as much information as possible before giving it a serious go , if you just turn
    up you might just get lucky given the correct conditions off Arbroath Breakwater , but theres lots of places where the the right stage of tide , sea conditions , water clarity wether it be coloured or like gin can play a very big part in how well you will do , Its certainly not just
    about turning up and you will fill your fish bag , places where water clarity is important is Vicky Park , Rumness , Ethie , Bodin point ,
    although just a short distance to the North coloured water with a bit of sea on puts you in the driving seat , Usan is the same , Tangle
    Ha takes a really good sea , Johnshaven / Gourden are better with a bit of sea on , Inverbervie takes a decent sea , just as long as you
    make a decent call you can usually get a good session with the cod

15. DiscoMick

DiscoMick Eat Fishing, Sleep Fishing, Drink BEER

Proper fishermen,great report,brilliant pic's as usual..."excellent" your approach to this game cant be faulted :educated:

16. pouncer

pouncer Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Another great report from GJW , some great pictures as well ( what did that fish have hold of that was really ugly)
    It takes a lot of experience to make it look so easy ,

17. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

I cant think what you mean John :confused: :cry: :wink: :laugh:

18. Rockford

Rockford Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Great stuff Gary. Smashing report. Sea Angler Magazine could do with a few decent Journalists.

Bring it on son

Gordon

19. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

Well I have booked the cottage for next year already !! I feel a buzz when I just think about it , no doubt we will be up there in
    the Autumn , I dont know whats happened to Tangle Jock ? I think he must have been abducted

20. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Give me a nod Alan if you want a mate to make up the numbers :wink: