1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Angling Trust North East Marine Committee Resign on mass.

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Bob Shotter, Jul 5, 2013.

1. Bob Shotter

Bob Shotter Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hi Guys I don’t often post here but this is for any those among you who have any interest in the politics of sea angling; there is now an opportunity to change thing for all of Yorkshire and also how you are represented by the Angling Trust.

This week the old guard that were the Angling Trust Marine Committee for the North East resigned on mass and a new committee will be sought by the AT

If like a good many (me included) you are currently unhappy with the Trust then here is a chance to make a difference, this region like the others being set up around the country are self-elected and make up their own constitution, they will call the shots for you guys in Yorkshire so anyone interested should get in touch with the boss Mark Lloyd or Marine Boss David Mitchell for further info. Like or loath them they are our only recognised voice at government level get in there and make a difference.

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Re: Angling Trust North East Marine Committee Resin on mass.

Same old $hit. I would advise everyone to stay well clear of politics and just go fishing, its much more fun.

3. Bob Shotter

Plenty like you Bob, the burry your head in the sand brigade. Sorry mate but EMSs = Ban on bait collection other than by permit and that’s where it will all start.

Anglers who would sooner protect sea grass than our rights to collect bait is that the sort you want to represent you?

Thought you Yorkshire lads were more sensible than that. :educated:

4. Benq23

Benq23 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Oh you mean the voice we neither want or need, seriosuly, why the hell do we need a voice, im perfectly happy, are you? if so then good, if not then what is the problem?

what does sea angling as a whole in the north east need a voice for? i honestly cant think of a single bloody thing

sorry mate, and I hope this hasnt made the whole "we need a voice to stop people bringing in a sea fishing licence thats unenforcable" a little bit irrelevant, but it seems to me that we have as a country a whole lot of agencies created for no good purpose to fight for causes that dont exist

what are they for? answer me this and I might take a second look at what they actually do

5. Benq23

Benq23 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

and they must have a massive force of people involved if they think they can stop bait collection, its impossible without an enormous amount of policing, yewah they might restrict a few places, but how can they monitor the entire coast?

6. Bob Shotter

The ‘Conservation Society along with Client Earth’ have forced our government (HMG) to change policy. The IFCAs have to introduce new laws and are doing that right now. They have new powers and huge £50.000 fines in their tool box. How many are going to risk that for a few worms or crabs?

I don’t want to sound alarmist about this after all the choice is yours at the end of the day, but please remember this; It is being driven by the tree huggers and the bird lovers of this world, they will have people brought to court and fined and won’t stop, there well-funded, well organised, and believe me this is just the beginning.

The AT have government backing to set up these committees, if you let the wrong people in to these committees we could all pay a very heavy price, even us lot down South. I just hope a few of you realise this and do something about it.

7. Baramundi Bob

The thing that worries me, always has and always will is the type of people who get onto these committees, most of them absolute idiots. What was the name of that loon who go himself on the northern sea fisheries committee a few years ago. Dave something or other, went about making videos saying there was no fish in the sea to show to the Governement. The real reason he couldnt catch anything was cos he was a $hite angler. Then there was the mad one from Hull, Phil Arnott who used to come on here complaining that we had publicised fishing marks only for us to find out he had done the same in his sea angler articles. Then there was Leon Roskilly, it still pains me to mention his name knowing the $hit he tried to cause with his bass management plane and bag limit ideas. Numpties who should spend more time fishing and less time with politiceans. What Ive often noticed with the angling trust is they take credit for other peoples work. The RSA strategy and licencing affair just one example of that.

8. Bob Shotter

Ah so you do know where I’m coming from and you’re so right.

The lot that jacked it in recently may have served the match anglers over the years but are or rather were clueless re the political side, after all it’s not most peoples favourite pass time.

I for one have had little time for the AT but the fact of the matter is we are where we are they are our only voice and it wouldn’t take too much to turn this org into something sea anglers need.I honestly believe if you get a few lads on this committee when they get around to forming it you can and should get in there and make a difference.

The guy who has caused the ruck by helping the AT re the Northumberland set up is a top man we need a few more like him and the AT could IMPO then be something sea anglers would support.

9. SandTiger

SandTiger Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Given your own track record on committees, quangos & orgs, your posts seem rather rich, Bob?

10. Bob Shotter

Is there something in what I’ve said that you disagree with then David? :no:

11. SandTiger

SandTiger Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I rather get the impression that people would rather just go fishing and enjoy themselves, than have you pull them into another of your meaningless crusades :)

12. Baramundi Bob

Id agree with sandtiger, Ive watched the work of Roskilly and Horton and the Arnott over the years, to be honest I cant be ar$ed with them. Politics should be left to the muppets in Westminster, go fishing and enjoy it whilst you still have breath in your lungs. One day youll be rotting in a box and have missed so many chances to enjoy yourself. Unless of course your enjoying yourself telling others what they have to do and going to stupid meetings with people hell bent on making work for themselves to justify their own existance.

13. Bob Shotter

Left to the likes of Roskilly and Horton Sea Angling has a bleak future but Hey Ho you’re not bothered which is fair enough, sorry I brought it up. :embarrass:

PS Fished three of the last five days boated around 150 fish in total Pollack Cod Ling etc of to Scotland Fri for a full weeks fishing so think I don't need to be told to go fishing somehow :laugh:

14. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

Should have posted a fishing report with a few pics then that would have been worth a read :tired:

15. lipslicker

lipslicker Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

For what it's worth, here's my tuppence -
    Perhaps the Angling committee can help change the politics and policy of other things that affect our fish stock.
    When I speak to anglers, they seem to have some very good ideas for solutions to over fishing, for instance.
    Here are one or two that should be discussed -
    - a ban on commercial fishing, Europe wide, during, say, April and may. It strikes me as being utterly absurd when I buy a Dover Sole from a fish shop and find it full of roe. Roe that would become the next generation.
    If farmers killed cows just prior to giving birth, I doubt it would be long before there was a cow shortage.
    Perhaps trawlers could be rested, and fishmongers only sell farmed fish?
    Very radical, I know, but ......
    - zero netting within 10 miles of the coast lines?
    - a discussion on discards, and quotas?
    - a take free zone on Dogger Bank, say. An adult cod can lay enough eggs to repopulate the whole North Sea within a few years, but they never get to grow that big, except in Iceland and the Norway Fjords.

Perhaps, to alleviate commercial angler, they could be compensated for the first five years?
    Beyond that, I think they would find that they were quids in. Fish stocks would very, very quickly recover, and they would catch more per trip, with less fuel etc..

Feel totally free to comment on my ideas, raise your own, shoot me down in flames, whatever.
    All best,

16. Bob Shotter

All I’m going to say is that’s a great post with most important of all, honest views, perhaps politics in North Yorkshire are not dead after all. :yes: