1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anglers Take 400 Ton Of Bass A Year

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Im not promoting crap.My stance is the same as yours. Im giving you chance to debate it because you dont seem able to come with your own topics.

2. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

this is whar happens when you fill in those crap surveys .

3. crazy horse

crazy horse Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

off topic a little but the sea temps must be still up as on the beaches over the chrimmo and after period there seemed to be more then usual amount of bass ,im not saying loads by the way ,just seems more then usual ,culminating in one well know cod angler landing three bass biggest going 12lb .

4. lipslicker

lipslicker Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Wow!
    Three bass, one to 12lb.
    At Christmas!
    Wish I had kept my lure rod going now.
    Jeepers.
    I would imagine you would count yourself damn lucky to catch that haul in Cornwall in December. Good to know though.

5. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Its a load of garbage. How can they determine how many bass are caught when they dont know how many people fish for them, how often they go, and how many they keep and how good or bad the anglers who go are.! Its a stab in the dark, which is what the idiot who come up with this deserves :D

6. DiscoMick

DiscoMick Eat Fishing, Sleep Fishing, Drink BEER

Nail hit bang on the head ;)

7. 3be2

3be2 Blenny

Fair enough Glenn. Apologies - There are some things that wind me up pretty much instantly. Red rag to a Bull.

Apologies also to "Uata the Watcher" earlier. Like I say ... red rag meet Bull.

8. BeeceUK

BeeceUK Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I think the fact that that story is a scan from an article printed in the Fishing News, which is a paper for the commercial fisherman says alot, it is written as an attack against recreational fisherman by the commercial fleet or at least a newspaper biased towards representing the commercial fleet.

I think the stats have probably been played with to back up their side of the argument and like others have mentioned here there is no distinction between landing and keeping a bass. I had 15 bass last year, I didnt take a single one home so my take is 0 but it could also be recorded as 15.

If it was down to me I'd ban commercial fishing with trawlers. If you want to eat fish either get off your arse and get out and catch one yourself or support the local under 10m boats and go down to meet em on a morning and buy your fish directly off the boats or from a local fishmonger supplied by said boats. Trouble is everyone expects things served to them on a plated today pun intended.

9. E.F.C. FOREVER

E.F.C. FOREVER Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Its difficult if ya live in the middle of london that thou aint it mate,
    I think there should be something in place to protect cod mainly in there breeding season as these seem to be in the biggest trouble then as stocks show a improvement then focus on other fish I.e. bass ect I might sound biased there as I have never fished for bass although will be trying this year see if I take 2 it. Banning ttawlers for a month or 2 out the year is in my eyes viable but to do it perminantly just aint going to happen.

10. No Worries

;)

11. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

maybe this "400 tons statement" is a trick to get everyone to tell you what they really catch,seems to be working LOL

12. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Well theyve got my quota bill ;D

13. ShArK

ShArK Blenny

400 tons of bass hope there gonna share what plug they caught that lot on ;D

14. glassback

glassback Blenny

buzz had about 300 tons dont no what lure though

15. lipslicker

lipslicker Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hmmmm.....that sounds horribly like me!
    Luckily I did OK with lures on everything else.
    But I would definitely be left hungry on bass!

16. glassback

glassback Blenny

it was a poor season last year ,conditions didnt help ,
    also a few nets out .
    i had 60 last year but a good few blanks
    but i would rather it be hard at least that way when you
    work something out its better .
    a certain couple of lures realy work well last year
    if you didnt use one you didnt catch a bass .

17. Welsh wizard

Welsh wizard if you don't know you don't need to know

I caught 1 or 2 Andy I heard there's a certain home made plug that someone makes has caught you a lot of bass and the biggest one you caught last year

18. glassback

glassback Blenny

the home made ones worked well last year buzz ,very pleased with them
    graham and mark have been testing them at the moment
    and very suprised and pleased with them .
    but another lure really shone last year .
    have some new babys to try this year ,and in the process of a new design