1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anglers beware cowbar cliffs

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Crab Nut, Nov 24, 2010.

1. Crab Nut

Crab Nut Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

if any anglers are accessing boulby marks from cowbar beware falling mud and rocks , there was a lot of stuff camedown between cowbar and the boiler , my mate was showered with small stuff, but on the way back there was a new lump of rock about 1 to 1/2 foot thick and about 3ft long thick smashed in two right under where you walk - also the fishing was crap, 6 anglers fished the same area and apart from a rockling for my mate, and two small coalys and a plugged lost cod for me everyone blanked

2. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Cheers for the heads up bud. I tend to avoid fishing Cowbar cliffs as well when we have this sort of weather.

3. ste muir

ste muir New Member

Thanks for the warning mate.Was only talking with a mate recently about going round there and the talk turned to cliff falls and such,the place is notorious for it.

4. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Allso the walk from green top rock to whitestones is equaly as ,dangerous with stones and clay falling continuosely, :scared:

5. LERCH

LERCH Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Cheers for that i think i'l take my hard hat on sat nite wen going round there.Just hope the fishing is better then.

6. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Same will be pretty much true of most places at the moment. Please take care wherever you fish and dont forget the reports. Im currently writing a couple of new marks articles for the site, one on Boulby and one on Cowbar cliffs so if anyone has any good pictures of the marks and any fish they have caught there, please do post them up here for me to use.

7. Baramundi Bob

I think it will pick up if the marks colour up again this week. We dont get many reports from boulby so please let us know how you get on.

8. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

A few pics Glenn, hope they are of some use.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Baramundi Bob

Thanks Sam.

10. Baramundi Bob

Has anyone got any pictures of the ropes at boulby ?

11. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

I know what you mean Dave it can be quite daunting at times walking under the cliffs if you are going round there tuck in tight to the cliff if you
    are early[[ ish ] or if you are arriving later in the tide stay as far away as possible from the cliff face as quite a bit of the debris that comes down
    is around 12 or more feet from the cliff face , it was a shame about the lack of fish in the boiler , but its a mark that can do the bizz on a good
    day but for me its not very reliable , more downs than ups , as long as the tide size and conditions are right i would rather fish the scar just
    past the white post gulley , or the gulleys past the boiler , the horse , and the one just past it plus of course boulby gulley which is a far better
    venue