1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

An Invite To All Kayakers - and that means you !!!

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

This is a personal invite to all kayaker anglers who read this forum. Our open kayak fishing competition is fast approaching and we want as many of you as possible to come along for an excellent days fishing.

I know there will be many of you who have never fished a match before and are probably wondering is this for you ? Well the answer is yes, this day is for anyone who goes fishing from a kayak. Yes its a competition but we hope it will be a great social event too. There will be chance for everyone to meet up both before and after the match and I understand some guys travelling from away will be staying on the local campsites so there might be a few people with bad heads on the saturday morning :cheesy: :cheesy:.

Hope to see you all there. Please bring along all your mates too. Like I say the event is open to everyone and as you can see the prizes arent to be sniffed at either.

OCEAN KAYAKS & TRISTAR ANGLING

SCARBOROUGH OPEN KAYAK FISHING CHAMPIONSHIP

Heaviest Single Fish Match

SATURDAY 27th SEPTEMBER

Boundaries: Marine Drive At Scarborough - Marked by Buoys on the day

Fishing 8.00am to 12.00noon High Water 15.57 5.50 Metres

Weigh in by 12.30 at designated Weigh In Station

Winning Competitor to receive the Scarborough Evening News Trophy

and one of the following prizes:

Caper Angling Kayak presented by Ocean Kayaks and Tristar Angling

£250 presented by The Festival Committee

£150 presented by The Festival Committee

£100 presented by Hull Tool Repairs

£100 presented by Keepers Cottage Pets Hotel

£100 Tackle Vouchers presented by Baxter Angling.com

£50 presented by The Festival Committee

£30 presented by The Festival Committee

£20 presented by The Festival Committee

£20 Scotty Tackle Voucher - donated by Dave Jacketts

Free MOT presented by Boro Tyres

TICKET £10.00

OPTIONAL PAIRS £2.00

SEE SPECIAL KAYAK RULES

PRIZE PRESENTATION WILL BE DIRECTLY AFTER THE WEIGH IN

Everyone Is Welcome

Our event is open to all kayak anglers. The area we have picked for the match is locally renowned for its excellent catches. We hope as many of you as possible will attend the match.

For those of you not familiar with the area The marine Drive is one of the top fishing marks in the area with Cod, Bass, Pollock, Coalies and most other species a possibility. The pictures below are just a few of what catches we have enjoyed this year in the area (admittedly not all from marine drive but mostly fromthe Yorkshire coast.).

Hope to see you all there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mouldybits

mouldybits New Member

aw hell, i'd love to but i'll be in scotland :sad:

3. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

i will be there. Never fished a match before but really looking forward to it. Hope the weather is favourable!

4. Baramundi Bob

The beauty of heaviest fish matches is it puts everyone in the mixer. I think it will be a great day and a few people who give themseleves no chance before the match will be leaving with a good prize. I think its been said that this event is the best for prizes in the whole festival.

5. ian 07

ian 07 Guest

glenn spawney asked me if i regiestered for the kayak match i said yes he said there must be something wrong with the link because it wasnt showing i had
    cheers ian

6. Baramundi Bob

The link should work fine Ian. Are you sure you pressed send.

7. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

I did mine too when it was first put onto the site Glenn but don,t think it worked.

8. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

9. Baramundi Bob

I just did mine and it worked fine :whatever: :yes:. Did you enter something in all the mandatory boxes (marked with an asterix) ? and get the captcha code right ?

No worries anyway I think Dave got you all on the list.

10. ian 07

ian 07 Guest

glenn just done mine again and it worked
    cheers ian

11. Baramundi Bob

I think the problem is I made the any other comment box mandatory which I only just realised. So if you dont enter something in there it doesnt accept your email. Thats my mistake and I should have been more on the ball and made that box optional. :cry: :cry: Ill know better next time.

12. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Sounds like a tactic to me :suspious: Are you the only one who,s registered Glenn :laugh:

13. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Its going to be a GREAT day and the banter should be spot on :yes: . Cannot wait :cheesy:

14. mouldybits

mouldybits New Member

does that mean we could call you silly names in the other comment box now glenn?lol

15. spud

spud New Member

Think i have registered any chance of putting a list up of those that have Registered all ready just to save any confusion :cheesy:

16. Baramundi Bob

I think we have 22 names registered and roughly another 10 who say they registered but their names never came through. The list is growing daily and we may well be looking at about 50 kayakers on the day (We hope !!!).

17. newdave

newdave Guest

this is the list of people who have registered details, I know of a good few more who say they have registered, if your names not there would you mind trying again.
    :wink:

Name nickname
    Clive Radcliffe
    Colin Reid
    Dave Adamson spawney
    Dave Blake
    Iwan EffeDave Jacketts ? jellyworm
    George Colquhoun Spud
    Glenn Kilpatrick
    Ian Batt Buzz lightyear
    Joe Creaser
    Karl kilbride
    Kevin Ashton
    Kevin Clark
    Kieth Canavan Yakkerman
    Mark Radcliffe
    Martin Lamb
    michael fordham
    Mick Webster
    Mike Dodds
    Neil Bugdol
    Neil Webster
    Ray Hall

18. Volusian

Volusian New Member

anyone putting any side bets on as to what the heaviest fish might be .. ???? .. come on all u gamblers ! :canadian:

19. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Its going to be a 39lb tope mate :whistle:

20. robq

robq Rockling

I know that you are a good paddler Ken :yes:

but do you think that you will make the weigh in from tunstal area in 4 hours ?? :surprise: