1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

An all night session & another Spawney bass

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by newdave, Aug 20, 2011.

Tags:
  1. newdave

newdave Guest

having taken the descision to return to work, this summer has been a bit of a right off, however getting back from Brazil late on Wendsday evening I noticed the weather forcast was pretty good so sorted the kayak for a trip on friday, always looking for new options I suggested to Ken we try some after dark plugging from the kayak, I launched from North landing about 6 and had a go around there but only managed a succesion of billet & small pollock. Ken joined me later & we headed north
    [​IMG]
    passing the Bass match enroute. A nice evening but nothing doing & we gave it a good go into darkness without joy so eventually we decided to go ashore & rest up until dawn, quite interesting landing in the dark even with only a small swell.
    A bite to eat & a bivowac on Reighton beach under the stars, meant we were able to launch at dawn which ws very pleasant.
    [​IMG]
    Once again we gave it our best shot, but just like the match last night we found Bass impossible to locate. so to give the plugging arm some relief we had a go for some cod, those were much easier and we were able to catch pretty easily although the majority were on the small size.
    so with a few in the bag we decided to have another go with the plugs, by 10am I was starting to have doubts, but the great thing about fishing for larger Bass is that just when you have almost given up you often get that brilliant moment.
    just one more cast without any great exspectation and suddenly line was ripping off my reel, a great fight eventually resulted in landing this beauty
    [​IMG]
    Ken has some better pictures, but it tipped tha scales at 5lb 4oz
    that was it for the day, Bass wise & our attempts to grab a few mackerel resulted in more Cod
    [​IMG]
    so we finally beat a way through the tourists at 12:30 rather knackered but :happy:
    not sure what we learned but it was interesting

2. Welsh wizard

Welsh wizard if you don't know you don't need to know

well done dave you havn't missed anything the weather has been sh t :crazy:

3. carpyken

carpyken New Member

A couple more pics of Dave and his bass, he's a bloody bass magnet :cheesy:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well done mate, I think those bass are going to be getting a hammering this month :cheesy:

4. stonefish

stonefish Any fool can criticise , complain and most fool do

nice bass
    the sea looks perfect well done on the fishing
    al

5. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Well done guys..........

6. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

Hi Dave cracking fish well done you carn`t have it both ways ken Bass magnet or babe
    magnet :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: tightlines Alain

7. andym

andym Rockling

Great trip/mini expedition and some nice fish well done both of you

8. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

well done fellas

9. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Great report and pics, shame the night fihsing didn't quite go to plan but you both came good in the end :cool: