1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. smokey

smokey Rockling

You're garden must be blooming glenn :whistle: :wink: :happy: tight lines

2. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

For me Glenn thi issue on the latter parts of this thread have not been about the way the site is run, not about the general site content and not about you in any personal way just one thing said , that's all.

We all know that the Whitbysite isn t a conservation site and is about real anglers and real seafishing topics and not a forum spoiled by bullsh!t.

Maybe time this one was put to bed, it's clear on certain things said, a fair number of the contributors to this thread ,don't agree but this is one thread with a small element of disagreement.

Non of my comments have been intended as an attack on you Glenn or the site. Sometimes we differ in our opinions, as youve told me many times :wink:

Yes I m here and unless you say sod off I ll carry on posting. I think most are behind your sentiments even if that passion maybe came across in a way we didn t agree with but hey ho, like the rest you are entitled to your say as much as the next.

Lets all move on now the sea is up its feeling like winter I ve had 4 cod too early for the challenge but lets talk about some fishing now......please !

All the best Jellyworm.

3. steph

steph Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

how fresh is supper market fish??? farmed bass dosnt taste like bass,what could be better hand picked fish as fresh as they come,its a no brainer,

4. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

:tired: :tired: :tired: :tired: :tired: bored :tired: :tired: :tired: :tired: :tired:

5. bigfat

bigfat New Member

Edited by Glenn

Im afraid Im making a start with this one in terms of editing or deleting posts. The site policy is that noone should judge anyone one else either directly or indirectly who chooses to take fish for legal purposes, and that includes digging them into the ground for fertiliser, not that anyone would but its still legal, th moral issues dont come into it on this site, Im not interested. This may be a forum where you can say just about anything, but the one thing I wont allow is comments about what people do legally with their fish. I am 100 per cent committed to this. As the man with charged modding the forum, Im in charge :happy:

6. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Hi dave,

I only ever told 3 people where to go. One was proff tench, who subsequently threaten to kill me with a hammer, The second was John Mallette a sea fisheries officer with a desire to cause as much trouble as possible for the sheer hel of it, and the third was someone around last Christmas who wanted to promote catch and release through the site, he caught me at a very bad time in the middle of a divorce so I was probably a lot ruder than I am normally, infact I know I swore at him on the screen before he left, normally I would have left it for pm;s. He since left a negative review on google about this site :

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=fishing+kettleness&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=fishing&hnear=Kettleness,+Whitby,+North+Yorkshire&view=text&ei=yrScTNCzIdHPjAeSioSlDQ&sa=X&oi=local_group&ct=more-results&resnum=1&ved=0CB8QtQMwAA

So in all that time I told 3 not to come back, and I meant it. There have been several others I should have done the same to, but I never. You Dave fit into none of those categories and your as welcome as anyone else, especially as the quality of your posts is usually very high with good details and pictures.

7. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

You can be a nasty bugger BB :cheesy:

Even though some of the things you said were a bit tongue in cheek we all know where the boundries are. After all, the last thing we need on a fishing site is a weak leader!

All hail BB and his Bass eating dog :wink: :laugh:

My moderation skills :whistle: would suggest that Glenn was talking in "principle" when referring to chucking a fish in the bin. I agree, if someone does this there is nothing anyone can do about it!

Rob however, was talking of the morality of it and I agree with him! as I'm sure BB does too.

That said, this is your last warning Glenn :laugh:

8. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

If your dog goes off bass Duke loves a bit of fish :wink:

9. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

With all these bass being binned will someone show me how to catch one on a plug please lol.

10. Baramundi Bob

Bass are easy to catch foo. Once youve learned a few things then your sucess rate will increase. I always say this but I know of no rock mark where as a group, myself, dan, mike, and damo have blanked yet.

11. Watersplatter

Watersplatter New Member

What about the Shotstones then !! We know they are there but they will not take plugs, YET, at least for me,
    See ya slim.
    Les

12. Baramundi Bob

Mikes had 1 or 2 there on the yak Les. I dont pay it much attention is there is a far better spot within 500 yards

13. Crab Nut

Crab Nut Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

14. Watersplatter

Watersplatter New Member

Most defianately in a yak I've seen you there :laugh: :laugh:
    Stay where you are the weather is sh#t.

Les

15. newscctv

newscctv Guest

No you aren't mate, I love a bit of fish and like to keep a few fillets in the freezer. Until the day comes were we are restricted , you hunt it you eat it if you want !
    I put some fish back because it is my choice to do so . The only problem I do have is killing fish just for a weight in matches and I think that is why sometimes the anglers get a hard time.
    Our club size limits are very generous, in that all the fish taken are 'meal' size so nothing goes to waste, the fish not wanted usually go to an old folks home so they have a fry.
    bridal gowns,
    wedding gowns,
    mother of bride dresses,
    tea length wedding dress,
    flower girl dress
    best saller wedding dresses
    bridesmaid dresses
    wedding dresses with sleeves
    euro wedding dresses
    plus size wedding dresses
    Mind you a summer smoothhound match in my area, I still think should have been catch and release as few who caught wanted to eat the catch, waste of such a sporting fish when the match could have been held in a different format.
    Maybe to stay ahead of the anti's sometimes boxing clever might be the answer ie. not giving them bullets to fire unnecessarily.

I will enjoy taking my fish for the table until someone passes a law to say otherwise. Then who knows

16. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

The spamster has got on to this post please can my test with the clothing links be removed mods !newscctv is obviously not using the site for the right reasons

17. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Oh for god sake Dave!! Can't a guy go fishing and wear a wedding dress at the same time these days?! What's the world coming to :whistle: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

18. Mushy Peas

Mushy Peas Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I agree, i always wear a wedding dress with crotchless waders underneath, i thought it was normal?