1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Glenn with regards the pollock I took from Ravenscar I caught I think a dozen one trip and more the second trip, I caught I think five from the shore down there. I took two, because that was enough for me to eat, I respected the fact that others may wish to enjoy the sport, I respected the fact that no one has a right to kill any animal and throw it away.
    I 100% agree with you about no one preaching catch and release and no one should ever tell anyone they have no right to take a fish for the table. But to kill any fish to make a point is wrong and yes I disagree with you and that is what forums are about members expressing different views but if this forum was to promote a "catch and kill even if you throw it away" way of fishing I can't see that being in the forums interests.

You are right not to be told to release the fish you catch but I don't think killng to make a point is right and that would give the anti's some real bullets to fire at us anglers...

I have seen some posts in the past where folk have tried to preach c+r but they never stay around long.

We all appreciate the hard work over the years the forum has been around that you have put in Glenn, but surely the forum is abount many different views and not just your own, this forum won t go the way of some of the others because the mods and you Glenn won't let it but I think one is not directing things in the right direction with this particular stance, you have put the point across before in a much less provocative manner .

2. robq

robq Rockling

You obviously have a lot more of a politcal stance on things than I do Glenn !

I go fishing purely for pleasure and like to think I have a balanced, common sense approach to the catch and release subject !!

3. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

I completely and utterly respect your right to catch and release or otherwise Rob. Please afford me and others the same.

4. robq

robq Rockling

Go murder them bass for the sake of it Glenn :yes:

Thats your right by law and nobody elses business :yes: :yes:

I am done with this topic

5. Baramundi Bob

Im pretty sure thats exactly what I have said Sam.

Also, to answer your question, the reason we keep getting these topics is because there are people out there who want to tell others what to do with their catch. I have not ever, and cant see a time in the future when I will allow that to happen on this forum. At the end of the day it is for the better good of you all because if it starts to creep in then the people being criticised start to leave and you will have a very dull forum with no catch reports, and at that point, I call it a day because I cant enjoy that type of site, theres too many of them already and they are very dull. So I will remove posts of anyone who tries to tell another member what they can and cant do with their fish regardless of how morally correct they believe themselves to be.

6. Baramundi Bob

Do you really believe thats what I do with the bass I catch rob ? really. Everyone knows the dog gets them.

When I saw Seans post the other day, I was just waiting for someone to say something, just like when I saw that guys posts from Blackpool. Thankfully both went by without anyone saying anything, but I could see the potential, Thankfully it never happened on here, but as you can see it happened on wsf. If you read Mark Gelders earlier post you can see what effect such comments had on him.

7. Watersplatter

Watersplatter New Member

OK, HERE WE GO,
    Catch and release as a precedent is totally offensive, dont play with wild creatures for the fun/sport of it, it must be height of cruelty.
    Kill everything to bury in the garden totally offensive (Glen you don't do it,you never haveyou never will so stop pissing about even though you have the best fed dog on the NE coast)
    We cannot moan about the commercial fleet if we do not put ourselves above them and there kill ALL policy.
    HOWEVER its a free world last time I took any notice of it, and as long as people abide by size limits rules etc then do your own thing and don't try to impose your views on anyone else by all means comment and do as you do but don't whinge when someone else does something you dont like - EVEN using mackeral on the rock for cod !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    DUH.

Les

8. Baramundi Bob

Les you know me too well.

9. Baramundi Bob

Thats all Im saying Les, and even if I was to bury all my fish in the garden, which I dont as I give most of the flaming stuff away, it would be my choice.

10. Watersplatter

Watersplatter New Member

Feed the bass to me not the dog !!!!!! :tease: :tease: :tease: :tease: :tease:
    Have you seen those fish spawney bugger Mike tripped over :laugh: :laugh:
    Les

11. Mushy Peas

Mushy Peas Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

i wish i could catch something to release or to take home! :sad: i am sure the wife suspects I'm having an affair ,night fishing, day fishing ,tea time, lunch break you name it but still nowt! Essex isn't the best place in the world for fishing (for me) i feel sorry for all those peeler crabs that i have left over and all those poor worm still wrapped in yesterdays news papaper ..........tried to feed them to the dog but he said no,no,no

12. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

It seems you are in a sorry state but i will help you , please send me all your loneley peelers , i will give them a good home ,

13. Mushy Peas

Bingo! swap you some crabs for a fish, that would help me out so much. i would then be able to save my marriage. I would finally have some solid evidence that i really am fishing!

14. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

In some respects I agree with the above but I think my actual reply Glenn would have been this, " In three trips I caught around 30 pollock altogether from both kayak and shore but took what I knew I would eat which was the grand total of two fish . I put back what I didn't want to eat and wouldn t use as food, so others would be able to enjoy the fight of such a great sporting fish and perhaps a meal or two like myself." It could be called consideration for the other anglers who might want to share what isn't a never ending supply of fish in that area.

Likewise if you had also said "Dave you should have taken all those fish because you can, it piss's me off when catch and release is preached so get em all murdered, we can so do it !" I would have been appaulled at such a remark and thought , something must gone wrong upstairs !

You didn't and I don't believe you really have an honest belief that taking and wasting to prove a point is right either you are too passionate about all aspects of your fishing especially us all being allowed to carry on unhindered by restrictions.

I 100% back you in not having catch and release thrust down our throats but the day might come when wasted fish are really missed and like many things man has not respected, we only miss them once they are gone.

Not right to preach to others and not right to waste just to prove a point (even though I very much doubt you meant you actually would throw the fish away)....we all know that two wrongs never make a right.

15. jimlad

jimlad Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I fully understand the point Glenn is making, and think some of the things being said are to prove a point rather than anything else (and there is a point to be given) - problem is you all keep biting :crazy:

End of the day, some people are too opinionated about cach and release and believe that others should follow suit.

I've enjoyed reading this post though. Found myself sayin "HE DIDNT JUST SAY THAT" :laugh:

16. Baramundi Bob

These qre the people my comments are aimed at. Anyone who has met me or knows me personally really has no need to bite. The others are simply just not welcome on this site. End of the day if people dont like my stance and they dont like how I run the site and forum then there are numerous other similar sites out there, wether or not you will enjoy those other sites as much remains to be seen, but the internet is here for everyone and like everything in life your free to choose which sites you use. Please go check out the other sites, If you dont come back then I know Im not doing such a good job afterall.

17. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

personally i think its up to each angler what they do with there catch. As long as there not just wasting there catch.

if you want to put them back put them back if you want to drown it in batter enjoy it. :yes:

18. Mushy Peas

Well said and couldn't agree more, i enjoy visiting the site and free of charge! keep up the good work.

19. jimlad

jimlad Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Coudn't agree more; there's a reason i come to this site daily and thats because it's extremely informative with spot on peeople

20. Baramundi Bob

Those people who give me a hard time will likely be the first to complain when someone tells them they should have put their fish back, You wouldnt believe the amount of pm;s and mod reports I get behind the scenes from people who dont like something on the site, and then they will complain again when there are no more quality posts on the site.

I already know that some of them have complained in the past, and even said they were leaving the site because
    . Yet they are still here. I do often wonder how they would enjoy this site if it was like all the others with post after post of crap and hardly anyone catching anything. I put a hell of a lot of hard work into this site, I always carry my camera when often it would be easier not to, and I sit and type long and elaborate reports when again, it would be easier not too. I encourage others to do the same to make this sites content stand out from the mediocrety of other sites.

How many fishing sites can you go on, where the majority of posts are good catch reports with pictures, all made by good anglers who are also ready and willing to help out new comers. Do the members of this site believe all that happens by accident ? It happens because people feel able to come here and share without fear of criticism.