1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. seanyrooroo

seanyrooroo Pig Hunter

2. BOOMSTICK

BOOMSTICK Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

no mate if you want to keep fish that are size its your choice. just because some 1 else would have put them back doesnt meen you have to after all they were legal. if they were under size then its a diffrent story but they wernt so its not.

and well done for the session

3. smokey

smokey Rockling

Don't worry about it pal,you're 100% in the right.
    You always get a div or two,he will be the sort who fishes piers and constantly blanks,keep posting the pics,that will annoy him even more... tight lines

4. Ringer

Ringer Rockling

yes your wrong you should have kept them all :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

5. seanyrooroo

seanyrooroo Pig Hunter

His original post was -

6. seanyrooroo

seanyrooroo Pig Hunter

PMSL

7. SAGE

SAGE always trying...... some say very trying !!!!!

... read your catch report and thought ..well done to you mate and if you want to keep all the size fish.. well thats entirely up to you.. and theres not a thing anyone can do about it
    well done
    Paul

8. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

No you aren't mate, I love a bit of fish and like to keep a few fillets in the freezer. Until the day comes were we are restricted , you hunt it you eat it if you want !
    I put some fish back because it is my choice to do so . The only problem I do have is killing fish just for a weight in matches and I think that is why sometimes the anglers get a hard time.
    Our club size limits are very generous, in that all the fish taken are 'meal' size so nothing goes to waste, the fish not wanted usually go to an old folks home so they have a fry.

Mind you a summer smoothhound match in my area, I still think should have been catch and release as few who caught wanted to eat the catch, waste of such a sporting fish when the match could have been held in a different format.
    Maybe to stay ahead of the anti's sometimes boxing clever might be the answer ie. not giving them bullets to fire unnecessarily.

I will enjoy taking my fish for the table until someone passes a law to say otherwise. Then who knows :wink:

9. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Good on ya Sean, you should not have to justify yourself mate. You will always get that on there fella, i stopped posting ages ago when i got some stick off a 'nobcheese' for keeping a couple of size fish..................keep the reports coming mate..............

10. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Thats why this site doesnt tolerate idiots mate. If ever anyone questions why we have a strict policy against catch and release morons, this is your example.

Last year myself Mike, Dan and Damo returned a lot of our bass. Somehow this year we have been subconsciously brain washed into killing everything that came out of the water. Not sure how it happened, because I do not recall ever making a conscious dewcision to do it, but we even ended up joking about it this year and wondered about the response the catch and release fools would give us if they heard our conversations. So all these people do is make you want to take the lot just to pi$$ them off. Im sorry if that offends but thats the result of all this nonsense. If I have to give them all away or even throw them away then thats what ill do from now on, with the exception of pollack of course which I just think are so beautiful a fish its a shame to take them out the water, but I would never criticise anyone for taking pollack either as its your choice.

Have to admit that the site owner is trying to stamp it out on wsf, and full marks to him for that. Personal choice is personal choice and 2 fingers to anyone who dont like it

11. DiscoMick

DiscoMick Eat Fishing, Sleep Fishing, Drink BEER

This is one of those thread's that could run forever(but not on this forum thank god)iv'e just one thing to say to anyone trying to preach catch n release...stick it up your.. :butt:

12. robq

robq Rockling

Totally behind you Sean :happy:

Ignore those idiots !! they usually catch fuck all themselves anyway !!

I return as many fish as my freezer dictates

There are a lot of trolls and idiots on that site at the moment :whatever: :whatever:

Thankfully they are not tolerated here :happy:

13. ingoe1

ingoe1 Rockling

You're right mate, take no notice of the baloons

14. Watersplatter

Watersplatter New Member

I have a rule that I think should be followed especially by matchmen, If your not prepared to eat what you catch, don't fish for it !! :suspious: :suspious:
    Or as my father used to say Dont play with your food. :gum:

Les

15. jimlad

jimlad Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I completely agree mate - though i did for some reason (and i dont understand it myself) make a conscious decision to release the first bass i ever caught (this year) for giving me so much and allowing me to catch it! (sounds odd i know!). The next one was duly knocked on the head though.

James

16. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

17. bow1

bow1 Rockling

sean your totally justified in keeping any size fish,well done on the catch and keep reports coming.ignore these idiots!!

18. ste muir

ste muir New Member

Ignore it Sean.Just keep catching and posting your reports and pics for the real anglers to enjoy.

19. bassman

bassman Administrator

Keep them and enjoy :yes:

20. spruce

spruce Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Very interesting topic here and it opens up a few points central to our sport. I am of the firm opinion that if the fish is large enough to take then then it's up to the angler to decide what to do. If it is killed then I respect that decision. The same as I respect those that choose to return any fish that they catch. I certainly wouldn't class them as "morons." Personally I only keep a few fish each year and only those that I will enjoy eating and the rest go back, my decision entirely. As I said, my decision and nobody else will influence that so I must amit I found the following quote amazing, especially as it is written by an obviously experienced and capable angler. "If I have to give them all away or even throw them away then thats what ill do from now on" especially as it was written specifically about the slow growing bass. Carry on catching and killing and throwing them all away and you will find a formerly productive mark will soon deteriorate. I know I have only been a member on here a few minutes but I felt I could not let that comment go unchallenged. I find this view as offensive as the author obviously does about the 100% catch and release zealots.