1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

almost a bempton piggie

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Steve, Oct 13, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Steve

Steve Rockling

wel last night i decided to fish bempton. not ideal conditions to stat with, with a strong westerly wind. but i was confident that it would shift sw.
    anyway first bait went away and i was straight into bites, with this small codling falling to worm and crab on my third cast.

[​IMG]

two casts later and after a few more of them annoying little rattles i hooked into a monster. after what felt like a lifetime getting it to the bottom of the cliff i had the unenviable task of winding it up.

eventually it reached the top and was swung in. and here it is

[​IMG]

as you can see the bait is bigger than its head.
    that little fish gave a better bite than the first, which goes to show you never know whats bitting, especially on braid.
    bites continued till about 9.30pm with me dropping off a couple more fish including a better one i would estimate at about 5lb. it must of been half decent as its the first fish thats put a bend in the new M427su
    i did manage another fish but forgot to photograph it

so two fish for the cod challenge, 3 if you count the piglet

2. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Well done Steve, had me going there bud, looks like there's a few more starting to show up there now...

3. snap off!

snap off! Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

howdo, well done on gettin a couple, on first glance, i thort god thats a big lead if the fish is almost a double :laugh: