1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aldbrough on the Holderness (pic)

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by richie7, Dec 29, 2013.

1. richie7

richie7 Blenny

There's a few fish now showing down the Holderness coast.

I fished Aldbrough yesterday (28th) for the first time in about 10 years.

On arrival I was pleasantly surprised to find a decent amount of sand on the beach after the recent storm surge. The sea looked good with a moderate SSW wind and a tiny SE lazy swell to start.

There was no weed to really speak of, which made a nice change as the more Southern beaches have been full of it mid flood/ebb recently.

A couple of hours before top I was trying to put a bit more tension in the tip when it did the opposite and went slack! I took up the slack and gently pulled parallel to the beach when the tip went round! The result was a nice 7 1/2 lb er.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just before top I also a 3 lb er which I returned. Unfortunately the ebb was disappointing with no bites at all. The Whiting have also either thinned out or cleared off with the Cod arriving as I only saw a few caught all day. There were however at least another 3 Cod caught down there.

Rich

2. craigyb

craigyb Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Nice catch well done,going to be giving the beaches a go soon

3. jason131972

jason131972 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

nice fish that well done ;D

4. lipslicker

lipslicker Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Sounds like it is beach time!

5. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Nice 1 rich, think next couple of months gunna throw some nice bags out down there............

6. crazy horse

crazy horse Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

already some nice bags mate ,plus reported 22pounder (punder in brid speak). someone did a a marathon spell starting sometime late yesterday an finished this afternoon ,kept 9 throw fair few back im told..strangley started over these neaps an seems to be gaining speed as tides pick,,just before the surge there was few nice fish showing then surge seem to disperse em now things looking good for a change..

7. robq

robq Rockling

Well done nice fish 8)

I'm on it like a car bonnet tomorrow after a long weekend at work !!

8. crazy horse

just been confirmed rob ,kieth lamming seen picture ,20lb now ,skipsea ov all places..ide like to be a fly on the wall or sand !down there be mayhem .im out tomorrow as well at least it will be quiet were i go,

9. robq

robq Rockling

Nige I remember some right stories of big pigs from skipsea area when I used to go in linfords tackle in brid back in the 80s, especially january spawning time :) I would bet you would need to put a lot of hours in to connect with one these days though :p

10. crazy horse

ye heard few myself rob ,was a fav mark ov andys once ,just gets a bit negleted nower days ,were or a lot shud i say get blinkered by other marks , but i suppose its difficult when you hope/know a.n other mark ect is generally more consistent ..one things for sure anyone who talks the talk when it comes to reading beach marks is imo full ov s..t sandwhiches ,holes ye, wind ye tide,ye but reading it in any otherway nah..ive noticed over the years just how much the likes ov nev charlesworth an smithy rely so much on there mobiles an the ever increasing band ov wannabe mates ,not taking away the fact that once there, its very difficult beating them lol.,

11. crabbermart

crabbermart Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

cheers for report matey and well done on the cod,yes beaches deffo picking up,there was plenty fish came out yesterday and some good ens :)

12. robq

robq Rockling

Probably a lot more blanks today than catches ::) fish still very patchy

13. richie7

richie7 Blenny

Hard luck Rob.

I've some how managed to get a pass out to fish to top at 3am.

There's 3 of us going so I'll pop a post on if there's anything doing.

14. bigsi

bigsi Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

nice fish pal n gr8 pics,there were sum pigs caught too :D
    Fished turbines myself,had a mop 4 my efforts,but there were more fish caught further north,
    Well worth ago lads,just over 11lb was the biggest I heard of,caught nxt to me pal,he blanked !!.
    Happy new yr to u all ;D

15. robq

robq Rockling

Good luck Richie :)

Aldbro was dead today for a lot of rods :(

I would be heading around or south of tunstall area to try and find em ;)

16. DiscoMick

DiscoMick Eat Fishing, Sleep Fishing, Drink BEER

Yep that's where I'll be heading shortly...... ;)

17. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Or just a little further North ;)....the recent match results have thrown out a few surprises ;) ;) Mappleton, South Hornsea and Atwick Featuring. Then the confirmed 20lb fish from Skipsea 8)