1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice on Robin Hood Bay Sea Wall & Ravenscar Area

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by faithWRX, Feb 9, 2015.

1. faithWRX

faithWRX Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hi, am looking for some advice on fishing the Robin Hood Bay/ Ravenscar area, any advice on Marks, Tactics is highly welcome, have looked at the sea wall, does this fish well?

2. scrubbs

scrubbs Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

have a look at this :)

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/fishing-robin-hoods-bay-sewer-hole

3. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Hi Mate, are you one of the young lads I was talking to on The Pier the other evening ??

Robin Hoods Bay sea wall can be excellent, but to be very honest I wouldnt trust it as a high tide venue. The weed can completely spoil a full session.

Thats said if its a couple of hours into the ebb tide and your going to fish it down to low water then its worth starting at the bottom of the new slipway. Then about 3-4 hours after low, its time to move onto the outer scars. The Dungeon hole or River Hole are the first you can get a crack at. Then as the tide ebbs more you can get down landing scar, and last to bare off is Sewer Hole.

I would fish Robin Hoods Bay when the swell is south easterly or north easterly. North West swell just doesnt seem to roll in right at the marks in front of the village.

With Regards to Ravenscar end Im no expert. Blea Wyke and places like that are known to a few forum members, if they read this they may help you out.

The spots between Boggle Hole and Ravenscar are a bit more familiar to me. Boggle Hole can be excellent over low on a big North Westerly. Bigger ebb tides are better because on the neeps if the hole is full of loose weed its hard to get away from it. On the big tides you can get down the side of the hole and leave the weed in the back.

Other marks further towards Ravenscar are Little Bay and Billet Scar. Little BAy seems to favour a smaller flooding tide (Just dont get cut off). But you can stay on there untill late in the ebb. The waterful oin the cliff is a sign your in the right area.

Billet Scar is further on. It fishes in a massive North Westerly. Someone like Chris Scaife could likely give you more guidance on that area.

More Robin Hoods Bay Topics Here.

Winter cod fishing topics here.

4. faithWRX

Thanks for the advice, will be looking to fish from the wall and then down into the holes on the low, does anyone know how its been fishing lately?

5. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

I wouldnt really ask how a mark has been fishing lately as that has no relevance on how it will fish the next time the conditions fall right. South Easterly coming tomorrow :)

6. faithWRX

I am looking forward to getting up there and getting my line wet, is there any preference for rigs which will be more suited for fishing into the holes, or is a pulley pennel ok?

7. faithWRX

Just been having a quick look on google earth at area, where abouts is the new slip way in robin hoods bay, can see the lod one in the old part of the village, and then a possible slipway just to the north of this, is this the new slipway you were talking about?