1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice needed

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by seabass, Jan 31, 2007.

Tags:
  1. seabass

seabass Blenny

Hoping to fish runswick on sunday 11th feb from low water up could do with advice as to where might be a good place to fish a pointer to any deep holes or gullies that may be productive ,any help or advice would be very helpfull.

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

3. Acko

Acko Rockling

Runswick is a good choice If its windy you can find somewhere sheltered, If its rough you will find somewhere in there to fish. Sometimes Runswick gets weedy thats the only down side to Runswick.
    You got rocks sandy ground and good mixed ground all in one place and its Big too If you get nowt in one spot theres loads of oportunity to have a short walk and fish other spots.
    Runswick has been fishing well just recently too. Good luck mate.

4. Acko

Acko Rockling

Ryan has a point about Runswick If your a hardcore cod only fisherman. Then you will need a good sea on. If your like myself and enjoy catching various fish (flattys whiting etc) Runswick is as good as anywhere. Plus theres always chance of a big cod swimming by especially this time of year.
    Let us know how you get on mate.

5. Baramundi Bob

2 Weeks ago there was one of 10 pounds 4 and a half ounces swimming by on a calm night because an angler in our club caught the bugger and beat my season best fish by half an ounce. I wasn't bothered of course.

6. Paul grover

Paul grover Guest

I bet you wish youd put 2 sinkers down its throat now before you weighed it instead of just the one? Eh Glenn lol

7. Baramundi Bob

I already out 5 in it Paul.

8. Ringer

Ringer Rockling

if your starting fishing at low water then try the stones on the left as your looking at the picture glenn posted.cast towards kettleness point.distance to cast between 20 and 80yds.couple of hrs into flood move round to yacht club.

9. Ringer

Ringer Rockling

also the stones in front of the slip have been fishing quite well over high water just lately.the rougher the sea the better in my eyes for this venue.

10. seabass

seabass Blenny

thanks for your replies, i will let you know how i get on. hi ringer that cod you cought at runwick i was the bloke fishing to your left had a chat with you before i left, did you fish there again that week. lets hope we get some more seas like that soon.could do with you to let us know when they are blowing up again as you are on the door step,any how good fishing and tight lines.

11. Ringer

Ringer Rockling

hi mate.yes i fished the following night and had 2 for 7lbs and the next night caught 1 for 2.5lbs.think the sea might be roughed up for tuesday or wednesday this week.similar sort of tides as to when i caught those fish so if its rough enough thats where i'll be heading.might see you about.

12. Stu

Stu New Member

:D
    hi mate have fished there myself afew times this year and had fish while it has been flat a good place is near the yacht club low or high and anything can come from there

13. seabass

seabass Blenny

is the sea roughing up yet, thinking of trying Runswick 2moro.