1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

abu atlantic.

Discussion in 'Sea Angling Classified Ads' started by duddsy, Mar 19, 2010.

1. duddsy

duddsy Blenny

for sale..abu atlantic with screw ferrol.needs to be re-eyed hence £20.very good condition otherwise but nice project.im in grangetown,boro.ring 07835009892.even got the original bag.
    will also include a mitchel 487 beach reel.needs a clean an oil but worth it because its in perfect workin order.bit off nostalgia for the lads who may want it.

2. DiscoMick

DiscoMick Eat Fishing, Sleep Fishing, Drink BEER

Thats got to be one of the best bagains i've seen for a long time,i've owned one of these rods for over 35 yrs,recently rebuilt it myself(to my standard) otherwise i would snatch your hand off,these rods were top dog make no mistake,abu have recently re introduced an updated version by demand from anglers,ideal rock,beach, pier rod how many rods can claim to do that for the price of a couple of spools of line?£20 ? dip your bread in lads and buy yourself a johnny rambo rod YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT.....hope you sell it mate good luck!!

3. duddsy

duddsy Blenny

thanks mick..i know its a bargin especially with the reel thrown in..just trying to make some room an hopefully do someone a favour.

4. duddsy

duddsy Blenny

Re: abu atlantic. Sold

sold but thx to all that viewed.

5. DiscoMick

Someone just got lucky :yes:

6. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

i had a lucky day yesterday when up Dundee got payed paid cash then on my way home got a tug off the local plod just outside Edinburgh (red merc van crashed with a car)and drove off had me hanging around for a hour it (wasn't me this time) then went to see (duddsy) bought a old but very nice ABU 484 & a Mitchel 487 reel now all i need to do is get the eyes replaced and clean the reel up i then might hang it on my tackle room wall if ive got space cheers John i must of got the bargin of the week tightlines Alain

7. duddsy

duddsy Blenny

your more than welcome alain .its nice to know its gone to a good home an it was a real pleasure to meet you..i hope we meet again m8.

8. CARAMAN

CARAMAN Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Re: abu atlantic. 484 Zoom

Hya lads I bought one of those rods when I came back from Australia in 1978 together with an Abu 9000c for about 80quid out of our lasses club.Top rod and reel of its day I was told at the time,still in original bag same metal rings with screw connection only thing missingis the rubber plug that went in open end in the middle.Only work done on it in all these years was about fifteen years ago I give the cork butt a couple of coats of polyurethane (rightly or wrongly).
    still in perfect condition today and still in use today.Sadly the reel got knacked a few years ago,infact I was on Whitby west pier a couple of weeks back and blanked yet again,but that's another story.Pity I arnt as good at catching fish as my rod has stood the test of time.

As you can tell I have a soft spot for my first rod I bought.

cheers lads.

9. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

Hi caraman do you still have the ABU 9000c as i have a soft spot for these reels and repair them to there former glory give us a shout and ill have a look at for you you just pay for the parts used im the one who bought the ABU 484 off duddsy it needs a bit of work but nowt a few quid and a bit of T L C wont fix tightlines Alain

10. DiscoMick

Well done mate nice to see someone who appreciates a bit of old class,great little rods!

11. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

there was a lad who had one at the casting tornament sunday at kirkleathem and he beat me so he was casting 175 plus yards so still life in the old dogs yet why spend £300 for a rod when you can get old but good rods for next to nowt i now have a pair of Abu 484 rods just looking for another mitchell 478 reel a car boot might just throw one up now that spring is just around the corner or a intreped sea screech i mean seastreek or surfcast fixed spool some one will have one rightplace @ the rightime just off to buy a lottery ticket tightlines Alain

12. DiscoMick

Terry carrol (mr zipplex ) used the tips of these rods in the early 70s,i think he coupled them to conoflex bottoms,he really could lob a lead,i nearly went for the same idea,just glad now i didn't would have been an act of vandalism :yes:

13. CARAMAN

CARAMAN Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

sorry willybendit I sold it at Sedgefield car boot a couple of years back.

14. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Have you had a look at that one i gave you Alain, would be nice to hear it screaming again :whistle:

15. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

Hi Harry ive cleaned the screech up and it looks well might just bring it out one thursday night locals will think its an air raid siren had a good day yesterday at cockerham two (PB) s the best 195 yards did one of about 212 215 but it was out of court so now it 200 im after hope to be up kirk thursday then driffield on Easter sunday tightlines Alain

16. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

Hi John there was a chap using a abu 464 rod at the weekend and was casting 180 yards only know him as perglasspete a mate of Bob collins ive had a word with the local rod builder and he s trying to souce some eyes for the rod i got off you i will send pictures when its been sorted regards Alain

17. duddsy

duddsy Blenny

nice one alain.ill keep an eye out for the photos m8.glad your getting it sorted.good luck bud.

18. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

wont be there this week Alain,off to scotland for four days so see you all when i get back

19. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

Hi Harry get yourself into ardwell marine theres a mate of mine going up at the same time as you he s called nelson ask Tim who he is you'll get a days boat fishing his boat is a seahogg samurai turquoise hull (think thats how you spell it) have a good time fishing & a few beers in the clash tightlines Alain

20. mick webster

mick webster Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I have an Abu Atlantic 154, 12ft rod immaculate and original, i use it all the time for a short chuck, scrounged it off WILLYBENDIT bless him, i hope he doesnt' read this, he was pissed when he gave me it, mindst' you it would have been me that paid for the ale!