1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ABU 7000i C3 CT MAG

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by wec, Dec 17, 2007.

1. northbayotter

northbayotter New Member

Re: abu 7oooi c3 ctmag?

fair comment chris, i meant the above comment quite literally
    -meaning that i was surprised that you found the reel to be as you described, -in fact i am prepared to accept that the reel was as you found it to be i.e.: 'faulty' and in no way did i mean that it was not so , -as such i did not doubt the validity of your appraisal of the individual reel you veiwed

2. cps

cps Rockling

i was disapointed john as i am a big abu fan i hoped that the new reel would be all that the blue ones were without the faults , spool flex , side plates roting out, time will tell

3. northbayotter

northbayotter New Member

me too :wink:

4. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

the chinese don't make the abu's 2 the same standard as wot the swedes did. the parts aren't as refined or exact. ..........saying that an abu reel used to cost a weeks wages, and now you can buy two of the latest reel, or 4 of a later model for aweeks wages. so i suppose the chinese ones are reasonable value for the money.

5. dbrown

dbrown Guest

The olders ones where strong as iron wasnt they?

6. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Yes Dan.....get that old 7000 running....infact give me it and I ll sort it for you pm me about it.

7. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Well have to say thanks for great after sales service......North Bay at Brid have replaced my 7000 ct mag due to the spool not running true and the new one is fine no elyptical machining on this one.......nags still a little strong but runs much quicker with 2 mags in than the other did with none !!

Thanks John nice to good after sales service..... :happy: :happy:

Cheers Jellyworm.

8. cps

cps Rockling

looks like threr must be a few dufa's among the new stuff , a good reson to buy over the counter and not mail order that way you can play b4 you buy

9. northbayotter

northbayotter New Member

entirely fair comment :wink:

10. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Well done NBO for looking after my old mate Jellyworm and besides you,ve probably got off with a good trungeoning in a dark Bridlington alleyway :hurt:

11. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

ey up lil fella......you get your poorly pc mended ??

12. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Back in buisness thanks to Gwyn :happy:

13. wilky

wilky Blenny

Well I recently picked up one of these reels from Glasgow Angling. Loaded it up with 25lb and had a few practice casts - no problems, nice and smooth. First trip out uptiding in the Mersey just b4 Xmas and on the retrieve it was a dog - spool kept locking up soon as put under any kind of pressure. Fortunately I didnt catch anything on it - I dont think I would have got it in. It is now back en route to the shop

14. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

I used m
    fine the other day casting lovely but a bit rough on the retrieve seems the same problems with the 6.:! retrieve that the 65oo hi speeds have next change for me will be to replace the gears if I mcan for 5.3:1....

15. aonaran

aonaran Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I fished with abu for 30 yrs and just got back into fishing and bought the new abu 7000 etc mag and didn't like it .
    wasn't impressed with the mag brakes and not as quick on the lift out of the rocks as I would of liked so sold it.
    you can get them new of ebay for about £115
    Bought 2 525 and they are great and a slosh 30 is a better bet than the abu but just my opinion

16. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

You re not wrong mate I bought it when they first came out very let down ...only keep it as won t get much for a used one.