1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ABU 7000i C3 CT MAG

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by wec, Dec 17, 2007.

1. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

ABU 7000 i C3CT Mag

Has any one tryed the new abu 7000 mag reel ?for the many Abu 7000 fans out there it sounds the dogs dangly bits,but my first question is where's it made?,if it's china or taiwan they've lost me!

2. smokey

smokey Rockling

Re: abu 7oooi c3 ctmag?

They've lost me too Bill if its the same quality as the silver 7500 c3.Absolute garbage and it would have to be good to lure me away from my 525 mags,having said that,i have a new calcutta coming tomorrow ;) ;D

3. cod rod kev

cod rod kev New Member

nice !!!! ;)

4. MFC

MFC Blenny

made in sweden by chang wang wong aboo,but ill double check that Billy :)

5. martin

martin New Member

Got a 7001i two weeks ago £95 including p&p never used it yet but guess whats the sticker says made in China

I think there going to loose some customers

6. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

bloody cockle pickers are everywhere ???

john holden failed to mention that in sea angler,must have slipped his mind.
    its the weakest review of a reel i've ever read,how can he say its good if hes never caught afish with it ,come to think of it ,iwounder if john holdens ever caught afish! :eek:

7. northbayotter

northbayotter New Member

now in stock lads! -just came in today (21/12/07)
    and yes it does say made in china on the label

8. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Could you p.m. me with the price please NBO

9. baza

baza New Member

or even post on the forum?

10. gwyn

gwyn Blenny

Veals are doing them for £139.99 and have stock and spotty dog doing them for £129.99

11. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

keep us posted Ray :), Id like to know if they made a good reel ? Abus' could be a fantastic rock reel if they alter a couple of things

12. northbayotter

northbayotter New Member

£129.99 at northbay angling also ;) - and we have stock ;)

13. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

what do you think of the reel nbo? have you had any feed back off people who've purchased one?

cheers

14. Dav

Dav Rockling

Looks similar quality to the 6500 sports mnag if so it should be a reliable reel , dont know if i like the spool disengager tho ......lets face it alot of fishing gear to manufactured over the far east the likes of loomis etc etc ,so i cant see that effecting it much its just cheaper labour with i assume the same quality ,,,these big companies have to much to loose if there eqwui[ptment is not upto tip top condition .......time will tell,,,,,,

15. northbayotter

northbayotter New Member

-from others not yet.
    -but i have one, looks great good build quality seems to have the same new super smooth powerful gear train of the other 7000i series as for the mag brakes i will let you know but from first impressions it seems brilliant :wink:

overall from first impressions: -
    i love it ;) -girlfriends christmas present to me ;) will post an update when i've taken it fishing for the first time and had a cast or two (and hopefully some fish) with it ;)

16. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Any idea what the side plates are made from John ?

Hopefully not the same tat as those blue 7500 ct's

If they get it right abu could make the best reels on the market.

17. northbayotter

northbayotter New Member

i believe they are ally. m8

18. northbayotter

northbayotter New Member

i have now tried the 7000 ic3 mag out casting now :cheesy: (fished the brigg today) and it is awesome!
    - tremendous casting ability with superb control , smooth and hassle free. and yes the mag system does perform and is flawless and easily ajustable. :wink: the gear train is very powerfull quiet and smooth and is easily fast enough to retrieve at a respectable rate ( 5.3 : 1 )

sadly though today the fish wern't wanting anything to do with the idea taking part in and thus completing my trial of this reel :no:

-ah well thats for another day!

19. cps

cps Rockling

had a play with one today in GB dangling, felt good but the spool was out of true when revolved and had a slight click inn the gears , don't know if it was a spool problem or a drive problem, but i know quality controle should have knocked it back,
    not quite the same quality finish as the Swedish built ones used to be :sad:

20. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Ditto the above I ve got an old grey side plate 6500 ct Rocket and it flies still after about 12 years of not being looked after very well.Bought a Chrome rocket 6500 this year and found the spool not true running and a very noisey reel as well, the older one knocks the spots of the new version as far as casting goes, wonder how the chrome one will be in 10 years time ?

Cheers Jellyworm