1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Yorkshire Coast 10lb Bass For Andy

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Nov 3, 2014.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

I would think the fish was caught in The Flamborough area. A nice 10lb+ Bass and a personal best for Andy Barmby. All the info is on our Holderness Coast Forum at the link below.

http://holderness-coast-fishing.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=17782.0

2. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Stonking fish Andy, well done on the PB

3. glassback

glassback Blenny

it was a great fish glen it would be over 10ib but i never weigh my fish i just measure them .
    and try and beat the length ,i should of taken a scale sample then i would of been able to find out how old she was .
    as nearly all the big bass are females
    we have some great ground not just were i live but all the way up to the north east .
    me and ray often used to say when we were fishing matches up at snab point and the beacons that we would love to bass fish up there .
    its been a poor season with the weather making conditions poor though

4. limpet

limpet Blenny

superb fish andy well done 8)

5. Shadrap

Shadrap Rockling

Cracking fish Andy congratulations , all that effort eventually paid off even if a bit late in the season ;) .

6. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Well done andy, thats a great bass. Youve taken bass fishing to another level around here.

7. J.R.HARTLEY

J.R.HARTLEY Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Well done Andy them fish are a once in a life time to most anglers ;D :)

8. glassback

glassback Blenny

cheers andy ,jr ray ,mark ,limpet .
    its been a very rewarding few years since i packed up bait fishing
    and i just wish i had done it sooner ,maybe wouldnt of done any better .
    but i could of been to more marks ,which i strugle to get down to now .
    but hopefully next year i will be a bit fitter lol
    and i no theres bigger fish to be had with more time

9. clifftoprunner1

clifftoprunner1 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Welll done mate well deserved time you, ve put into it british record next stage lol pete :)

10. Borgue

Borgue Blenny

Congratulations Andy! This is a truly fantastic fish mate, and one that all your hard work and dedication towards bass angling richly deserves. It's great to see you continuing to push the boundaries for this type of fishing in our area. It has so much potential on our part of the coast and fish like this reinforce that fact. Really pleased for you.

11. lawsy

lawsy Rockling

Awesome fish andy well done mate

12. GJW

GJW Rockling

What a cracker Andy. Well done indeed. You fully deserve such a fantastic fish for the effort you have put in to your lure fishing, and it just shows that the Yorkshire coast can produce fish of this size. I know the problems with your knees have kept you from doing as much as you would of liked this season, but surely a fish like that is just what the doctor ordered to put a spring in your stride.. Good luck and Well done.

13. mww

mww Rockling

Well done Andy, if anyone deserved one like that it was you... hope its the first of many..

14. glassback

glassback Blenny

cheers lads much apreaciated
    i,m pleased with the fact that ive wanted to do more spinning in the past ,
    but stopping bait fishing and concentrating on just lures
    has been one of the best things ive done in fishing .
    it has brought back the love of fishing that was no longer what i had
    with bait
    .its just like starting over again , fishing all night and whatever the hr ,i have just enjoyed it.
    i supose a break from it may of helped me with bait fishing .
    but bass fishing has given me a new challenge .
    we realy do have as good a bass fishing as they do on the south coast .
    if we get the right weather and conditions ,and i no there is bigger ones to be caught with the ground we have here which most of it
    has never been fished with lures

15. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

well done andy,them big ones seem to show later.i think spawney got his double In late October very early November.