1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A windy night at Cowbar Cliffs ..but some fish and a better one (With Pictures).

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by deano72, Dec 30, 2013.

1. deano72

deano72 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Well not put much on off late due to not doing a lot of fishing..this sw wind is driving ppl mad no sea on but plenty of colour...

so last night forcast wasn't great late high water but decided I would give it ago..had a look at cowbar cliffs on afternoon and that was were I fished..got there 2 and a half b4 high. .

Soon set up and fishing..first cast a 6lb cod. Quick rebait followed by a 3lb fish.. the wind was now getting bad had a couple more casts ended up with one more cod and lost another on lift..so time to call it a night..bait was crab cart and blacks..

Attached Files:

2. SAGE

SAGE always trying...... some say very trying !!!!!

Re: A windy night ..but some fish

nice one....looks like you had a cracking session... shame about the drop off

wish i could be bothered to get out in this wind...must be getting soft
    cheers
    Paul

3. cincinatti

cincinatti Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Nice 1 Deano. At least ya got a few.

4. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

A nice bag of fish out of a very good area , bet the 6lb was fun on the lift

5. craigyb

craigyb Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Nice one Deano, I keep meaning to give cowbar cliffs ago, will get round to it one day

6. E.F.C. FOREVER

E.F.C. FOREVER Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Well done dean..... giz a ring when u get chance mate got a couple of 525 yhat need a look at .... :)

7. deano72

deano72 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

It was quite easy..saltist 30 just winched it up..

8. E.F.C. FOREVER

E.F.C. FOREVER Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I just got one of them mate crnt wait to use it for

9. Lynn_M

Lynn_M Its all about fast bikes & fishing !!!! :-)))))

Nice one matey ;D think we are planning on venturing out sat night, will give you a text :)

10. bigsi

bigsi Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Nice bag,well done buddy,got a bg beastie meself,powerhouses them reels,bet it wound that good u'n up,like it was a slug !!,cheers for posting :)
    Good luck too lynn hope u get a few,hope there's a pig with your name on it ;)

11. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

Nice one Dean it must of been flat calm as well.