1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fishing Marks A Walk At Saltwick Bay To Hawsker Highlights.

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Glenn Kilpatrick, Jan 17, 2016.

1. Glenn Kilpatrick

Glenn Kilpatrick Blenny Staff Member

Although I don't do so much winter cod fishing these days I still really enjoy my fishing but more so in the summer. However, as part of my new business adventure Whitby Photography I do walk the coastline a lot. This is far from a good photograph but its one I felt you guys would be interested in.

This is a place some of The Anglers will recognise. A place shown to me about 30 years back now by Mike Kilpatrick. A handful of locals fish this off the cliff top near the fog horn. We used to climb down the cliff and fish into the gulley at High Tide next to the sea stack (Bottom right Of Picture).

I remember being petrified the first time Mike took me there in the pitch black. But eventually it became second nature. The only hard times were when the man who lived in the foghorn used to cut the rope. He was lucky not to find himself on a murder charge. He could so easily of cost someone their life.

Over the years Ive spent many many hours sat at the bottom of there like a little gnome, all on my own. The cod I caught here, most people would never believe. Ive also sat and watched a display of the northern lights and some of the most awesome moon rises you will ever see. These are the sorts of places only the locals ever really see.

A Slatwick Bay Afternoon With Rough Seas. (1 of 1)-28.jpg

For those who generally love the Saltwick area like myself (Its my favourite place on the coast) here are a few more photographs from yesterdays walk. Anyone with an interest in my photographs or if you would like to buy any can do so here ---->>>> www.whitby-photography.com

A Slatwick Bay Afternoon With Rough Seas. (1 of 1)-26.jpg A Slatwick Bay Afternoon With Rough Seas. (1 of 1)-27.jpg A Slatwick Bay Afternoon With Rough Seas. (1 of 1)-30.jpg A Slatwick Bay Afternoon With Rough Seas. (1 of 1)-31.jpg A Slatwick Bay Afternoon With Rough Seas. (1 of 1)-32.jpg A Slatwick Bay Afternoon With Rough Seas. (1 of 1)-33.jpg A Slatwick Bay Afternoon With Rough Seas. (1 of 1)-34.jpg A Slatwick Bay Afternoon With Rough Seas. (1 of 1)-35.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Mark

Mark Blenny

Absolutely stunning Glenn. Thank you for sharing with us. I can only imagine the cod that you've caught along there I bet you had some great sessions/red letter days.

Cheers Mark.

3. robq

robq Rockling

Nice pics glenn:)

I had a walk from rhb to whitby earlier this year and had a good look at that ground over a decent ebb:)

Looks awesome and the rope not too bad as they go on this coast !!

Not a place I will ever fish as too many spots to fish closer to home in good conditions but very envious of you guys who have it on their doorsteps:)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Glenn Kilpatrick

Glenn Kilpatrick Blenny Staff Member