1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A view from my office including the "Band Get Down"

Discussion in 'Smokeys Pictures' started by smokey, Jul 24, 2010.

1. smokey

smokey Rockling

Just a few quick pictures from my office on the way home from work.

[​IMG]
    The cliff get down known as "Band" it's in the middle of the pic :scare:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    A big bait ball is there anything under it ??? :suspious: :suspious:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Of course there is!!! 4 Pollock 2 billet and a mackeral all at the same time :laugh: :laugh:

2 days after this picture i missed the photo shot of a lifetime :cry:
    Steaming home from hauling the pots and about 1/2 a mile off the shore,i looked out of the wheelhouse door and to my amazement there was a female peregrine falcon flying level with the boat .
    She was about 20 yards away and 10 foot above the water and i swear when i looked out she looked across at me,i was all fingers and thumbs trying to get the camera on my phone to function but co.cked it up,i was absolutely gutted,it was a once in a lifetime experience :cry: :cry: tight lines

2. BigBen

BigBen New Member

haha nice one smokey lad i can compare to your falcon experiance last year a kingfisher with what looked like a stickle back in its mouth sat on the end of my rod on the river tees and i was the same trying to get pic but what an amazing experiance you must have had with that well done mate

3. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

Cracking pictures fella.

4. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Some great pics there mart, always wondered what the band get down was like. I love getting among those bait balls when out on the yak but sometimes they move off at an alarming rate once disturbed and I give up the ghost. Don't think the gulls are too impressed though once I muscle in. I have managed a couple of bass among the mackeral before but all I,ve had this year are small billet!

5. smokey

smokey Rockling

The baitballs seem to be full of pollock and billet this year ray,nothing big most of the pollock are about 2.5lb and mid water.
    The water was full of scales from the baitfish that day,a bit like you see on tv,for once the birds didn't seem to mind :confused: tight lines

6. biscuitlad

biscuitlad Guest

Great pictures - what an office you've got! ;-)

7. smokey

smokey Rockling

LOL, it's not always like that biscuitlad,i got swilled all over the place this morning in that crap north westerly jowl,hauled 2 fleets and fecked off home :wink: :happy: tight lines

8. Ian Alexander

Ian Alexander Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hello Smokey,
    great photos......agree with buiscuit lad, great "office", I bet the good day's make up for the bad ones....tightlines and thanks for sharing them.
    Regards Ian

9. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

er just a second you git, where the hells the get down :suspious: :suspious: in the middle is bugger all :scared: