1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A very Very Very Sad Day For Sea Angling

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Dec 25, 2009.

1. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

There is nothing wrong with returning fish of any description if you wish so that is your choice but when it is imposed upon you now that is a completly different matter fish stocks in th north sea pose no problem what so with anglers anybody who thinks otherwise obviously knows nothing or very little about the sea and what goes on out there and should stay well away from any decision makeing what so ever on this subject.

paul.

2. lochbois

lochbois Guest

You cant practice catch and release from the Top of Whitby Pier or any high position.
    Its far better to take a fish than to reel it in remove a big hook out of the fish and then after all that stress throw the fish back into the waves below.Why do you think the seagulls hang about.
    If you havnt seen these returned fish floating about in the water you need glasses.
    Im against 100% C/R for rod anglers . Its as stupid as the sea angling licence we were going to get. These cant be policed.PB

3. SAGE

SAGE always trying...... some say very trying !!!!!

in my opinion the Bournemouth & West Hampshire Water (BWHW) and Ringwood and District Angling Association will create more of a problem than it resolves as the clue is in the first sentence of the statement

"All fishing in the Lower Stour and Christchurch Harbour is to change to ‘catch and release’ from January 1 as part of a crackdown on illegal angling."

if it is the illegal angling they are trying to stop by introducing a catch and release system it is doomed to fail from the second it is introduced, after all illegal means against the law... the same people presently doing it illegally will still be doing it illegally after jan 1st .... plus there will be more, i.e. .. the people who were doing it legally who cant or wont pay the money for the permit... legally created criminals ....sounds funny eh!!!

a prime example of this type of thing was the hunting bill which banned hunting with dogs.... and this still happens every day. .. be it hare coursing with lurchers or hunting foxes with terriers or hounds... lots of these people done it legally one day then the law made them criminals the next.... maybe criminals is the wrong word to describe them as they are only law breakers... they become criminals when they get caught....

“The Lower Stour requires extremely efficient bailiffing to reduce the amount of non-permit holders poaching the water. Improved general upkeep and maintenance of this water is also desperately required and RDAA already has plans in place to deal with these problems from January 1,” ..... Peter Hutchinson, RDAA Chairman

so thankyou Bournemouth & West Hampshire Water (BWHW) and Ringwood and District Angling Association you will probably create more lawbreakers than you will catch.....

Improved general upkeep and maintenance of this water is also desperately required..... maybe this should be the first step to making the fishing better and not the introduction of enforced crap (catch release angling policy)
    just my thoughts and opinions
    cheers
    Paul

4. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

I stick to what I say and would say it face to face with any of you. Anyone wanting to impact on my enjoyment of my hobbie can £uck off. I dont go around trying to impose my fishing practices on any of you, so you should allow me the right to do as I choose in either keeping or returning the fish I catch which is none of your damn business, If you dont like it then dont use the forum simple as that, and that applies to everyone on here. A few less of you would save me some money on the hosting bill.

5. ste ryder

ste ryder New Member

I don't know why but i have a feeling stephen is mr stephen softly him self who caught the ne record bass and killed it catch and release mmmmmmmmmm more fillet and release. Take 17 cod in session why not put them back. Yes i don't mind people putting fish back there choice but to have it enforced is wrong unless a consevation area not a problem in my book. But to have to pay £60 a year just to fish may as well go on the freshwater for £26 kiss my pearlywhite ass You ignornant jobworth W"£$%rs. Time are hard and it bring 5 million in to your local encomony what aload of retards.

6. BOOMSTICK

BOOMSTICK Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Mu views are exact same as 95% of people on here dont ban us from taking fish the comercial fishing needs to be the ones that that they keep an eye on. if it was up 2 me the only fish that would be alowed to be killed is the line caught ones. yes the price of fish would go up and yes a lot of skippers would be out of jobs but its a better game and the fish numbers would recover a hell of a lot faster than baning shore anglers taking 1-2 for the pot as i cant see that affecting fish stocks at all.
    and as for the EA my mate works for them and he is a fisherman, you would not belive the abuse and stick he gets for fighting our corner they hate us.

rant over for now any way

7. stephen

stephen Guest

The fact that you started this thread so aggressively shows just how much you do go around "imposing your fishing practices on others"
    A few less of us? Fine. Why don't you try putting a "delete member " button on our profiles then? I've been looking for one for months. Better still, delete me yourself. Thanks. Good luck with the forum :happy:

8. Baramundi Bob

Catch and release Stephen is an individual choice and I have never once criticised anyone who chooses to return their catch, but what I hate is when they try to suggest that I do the same as them. Who are the judgemental ones ?? My fight Stephen is to make sure idiots like you don't impact on my fishing and if its the last thing I do I will make sure you never make it happen. Ill happily delete you and any other member who wants to stop me keeping the fish I catch. Lets have a list of names below please.

9. Dav

Dav Rockling

Why dont we just all meet at sandsend car park and all have a fight ..... :cheesy: :cheesy:....Ill watch......

10. Supersonic

Supersonic Whitby Bass Club

Why search for a delete button Stephen, it's much easier just to piss off and stop looking at the site.

It would have raised a few eyebrows if you said what you initially did in a polite manner, never mind the very offensive one you chose to use. Obviously you were looking for what you got. Well done.

11. Chris j

Chris j Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

wow it looks to me that the thread tittled should be a very very sad day for the Whitby site.although i think this stephen is a crank who is just out to provoke ,i hope i don't ever disagree with you ..i suggest you lock this thread before the site becomes toxic .the man is obviously lying looking at the size of the fish he KILLS.

12. Baramundi Bob

I aint joking mate. I want them out, I despise people who want to impact on my sea angling experience. Anyone who wants to make me return fish can put their name below.

13. Chris j

Chris j Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

fair enough but i don't think anyone who is a real sea angler has those views,just one dk who is obviously having a bad Christmas and wants to rile YOU .i think whoever has the power to put this to bed should do now before another comes out of the woodwork .

14. ShArK

ShArK Blenny

My view on C&R is for myself to release fish im not 100% C&R, i would NOT try to make anybody put any fish back to me its upto the indervidual person weather he keeps or returns any fish,

As for the bass match im tring to get going i looked at doing C&R but dont think there will be many fishing and very hard to do it so it will be at the scales,

shArk

15. treacle

treacle New Member

i like davs idea best. those who want to release fish is fine by me but dont expect me to let good edible fish swim free.

16. martin s

martin s Blenny

stephen the thread was started to let us know wots happening .baramundi bob isnt imposing anything on anyone it was you wadeing in aggressively

17. Mick

Mick They're out there!

Hi all,

Been reading this post for the last couple of days with a great deal of interest. I've only been sea fishing for about 5 years, so still new and lots to learn - I must say that I got most of my information, hints tips etc from this site, so thanks to all. :happy:

My point of view is this and it's very simple.......you fish, you catch (if you're lucky!) and then YOU decide whether you keep it or release it - unless it's undersize and then of course it goes back to fight another day.

I certainly don't want anyone telling me to put fish back especially when I've only caught a couple for the pot. If you catch more and can use them (friends, family etc) then I believe that's fine as well, just as long as you're not just weighing them in and then dumping them.

All in all, it should be about personal choice and not enforcing the will of anyone on anyone else. I'm sure that day will come but until then I'm on the side of FREE CHOICE and that to me is what it's all about.

Mick

18. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

I have found it rather sad the way this topic has gone ----------- Just speaking from my angle on things which may be right or wrong ? i wouldnt
    condem any body who takes fish for a meal and i wouldnt like it forced on people a catch and return policy with no leeway --- you can see the effects of killing fish for the sake of it in the rivers like the esk, wear and areas like silloth , where flounders were taken out in there thousands
    weighed in matches, then dumped mostly dead back into the river , now that just wasnt right , so in that respect catch and return was a good move, dogfish were killed in there hundreds, again weighed and dumped back in scotland , which again was plain wrong , its nice to have moved away from that , but we all know who the real culprit is --- the commercial fleet which has no interest in tommorow , just live for today and hell to everything else , remember they have to walk into a closed door, they are determined to do that , but if i go out fishing shortly and get myself a 4lb cod its going home and into the pan

19. kipper

kipper New Member

totally agree with you glen, why do we spend so many hours in such bad weather fishing from the rocks, cliffs, beaches, boats, piers, and sometimes kayaks, just to catch a nice cod or pollock to release it back to the sea?

i say go forth and multiply to those who oppose our objectives.

kim

20. bulltrout

bulltrout Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I'm up for it mate would love to knock s#!t out the C&R brigade who are threatening to have us all banned from taking a fish . they are a bunch of idiots if they think it makes any difference. this has been happening for a while now on some salmon rivers in Scotland and also on the spring run of fish in England and wales but can anyone honestly say it has made a difference on fish runs ( not rod catches) i would be interested to know. The problem i think again lies in the overfishing at sea not just for salmon & seatrout but the small fish & crustaceans that these rely on as food.The C*R brigade who preach to us if you want a piece of salmon buy it farmed did you know it takes about 4kg of small fish made into pellets to produce 1kg of farmed salmon now how is that sustainable taking a wild fishes food to produce a farmed fish. In the end it will be the fish farms that kill of the wild stocks not the easy to blame angler. I know Ive gone off topic but it pisses me right off as-well that the C&R brigade are starting to rear there heads on here they will make this forum a place where people will not want to post a picture of a dead fish in case of an onslaught, I have seen this happen on other forums. If they don't like it then Feck off