1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A spot of Cod fishing...

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by GJW, Oct 31, 2011.

1. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

Dont forget if you do go fishing around Arbroath a few fillets of Mackerel { good quality } to work into your cocktail bait can only be good

2. Ian Alexander

Ian Alexander Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

(Oops!! meant to type "you Alan and Darren")

Yes Gary, it's a marvelous place when the fishing is good. I always wanted to take my Mother back to Stonehaven one last trip, (that's where she worked as a young girl making and repairing fishing nets, she's from Inverurie), but it's unlikley that will happen now.

Alan is spot on with the makerel info for bait though, especialy in the winter. I was fishing at Newtonhills one day and watched a bloke hammer the fish out with just plain mackerel for bait. It can fish well up there for some reason.

Regards Ian

3. Tricky

Tricky Bill and Ben were Fishermen

Good report and it was nice to meet up with you guys even if it was a brief blether. I think you need to also explain guys that for as many fish you had to keep there was a similar number returned so it was some haul of fish so well done.

Alan, did the mackeral I give you work well? GAry said he had a few on it.

4. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

Yes Rick it caught fish , for some reason alot of anglers down here avoid it like the plague

5. GJW

GJW Rockling

Yes, thank you Rick. The mackerel you gave us worked very well.. What had you soaked it in?? Whatever it was the fish loved it.

6. Supersonic

Supersonic Whitby Bass Club

Great report and pics mate, some quality fish there. Really need to get up there and give it a go with ya.

By the way Gary I've still got a bag of your rigs that you borrowed to Joe when we were up at the Mull. I can post em back if you want or alternatively just give you them back next year :laugh:

7. Tricky

Tricky Bill and Ben were Fishermen

PM sent :wink:

8. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Just read the report lads, shame i couldn,t make it this time ,
    other commitments got in the way,

will have a look up there shortly , :wink:
    Cracking photo,s Garry, shame you couldn,t land the big one for Darren,

maybee next time :cool:

9. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

I hope you have a good time Lee [ brocky ] up at Arbroath and the cod gods smile on you :yes: :yes: