1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Slow Night At Robin Hoods Bay

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Met up with Growler Rich and his mate down at Robin Hoods Bay. The water was lacking in colour so it was always going to be a tough night.

I arrived 3 hours before low with the intention of fishing the River Hole but the tide was already well away so I opted for Landing scar.

First cast resulted in a big fat nothing. Second cast I had a small bite. I was toying with the idea of going around to dungeon hole. Then I wound in a mop so decided on another cast. Third cast not a touch, so it was a quick dash to dungeon hole where I drew another blank.

I rejoined Rich and his mate in The sewer hole. Managed 2 and lost another over slack water.

I guess you cant complain when you land 3 fish, but I felt it was a very poor night. I hope the water colours up again with the bigger swells at the end of the week.

2. mr lee

mr lee Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Just lately 3 fish would be a good night for me.

Haven't fished RHB for a long time.

3. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

It was a pleasure fishing with you glenn, i went on to fish whitby west for an hour or so, 4 or 5 casts with different baits and not a sniff, not even a billet! the sea looked to be picking up a bit as i left. there were a couple of other lads fishing. the lad who was fishing halfway down on to the sand had a good flatty and a rockling before i left. even though i never manged a codling tonight it was a nice to night to be out.

4. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Well done on the fish ,3 mops better than nowt on a poor night ,
    more colour is comeing soon , no doubt the fish will return .