1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Shark Or A Seal Stealing Fish And Hitting Kayaks At Flamborough Nr Bridlington

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Ian Alexander

Ian Alexander Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hello,
    It's great reading isn't it. I remember when I was a kid reading about a bloke called Jack Shine who targeted shark from the shore with great success. Here's a link to a bit about him. http://irish-trophy-fish.com/jack-shine-an-extraordinary-angler/

I'd love to see someone have a go and catch it.

Ian.

2. MandolinBanjo

MandolinBanjo Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Interesting stuff, what shark would you guess at? Those porbeagles seen off the charters? Or something else?

3. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Wow cheers Ian, thats an excellent read.

4. Baramundi Bob

Theres really only porbeagles around here. The very odd thresher is reported, but they seem few and far between in the north sea.

5. Baramundi Bob

That is my observation Rich. We had a seal take a pollack in Skye, but it never bit it in half. They seem to maul them. This is one Mark Ladds got. We were going to release it before ship killed the bloody thing by accident. We had it for supper though, very nice indeed.

Attached Files:

6. MandolinBanjo

MandolinBanjo Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Just read he jack shine article, excellent cheers! Impressive angling!

7. Baramundi Bob

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gciFoEbOA8

8. cps

cps Rockling

believe me mart has every intension of trying this weekend even if I launch the boat and send him on his own LOL

9. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

Ask any of the lads who fished back of Brigg last Sunday I was the first into a fish and it felt a good one. I got it away and steady and fyuook me I nearly had my rod pulled out of my hands screaming line snap. We all said seal but a seal would come to surface to eat it , I should know it's happened to me loads in opens now ffs. But no seal came up and they can't eat under water

10. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

It's been a long summer the sharks might be closer

Long warm summer still going. Sharks might be closer than you think
    Thoughts people
    I rekon it won't be long till a porgy takes a surfers leg!!!!!!

11. E.F.C. FOREVER

E.F.C. FOREVER Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Re: It's been a long summer the sharks might be closer

Fuking a john smiths shark has took my dodgy knee 2night twats cost me 30 knicker in indain fir delivery already ........

12. E.F.C. FOREVER

I seen the damage 1st hand what sharks can do [​IMG]
    That was on the "inside"this year in summer festival the summer/indian summer has been a good un weatherwise. Rich Ward told me its been one of the best for shark fishing he has know loads and loads of takes and s few bonny fish landed

13. E.F.C. FOREVER

Anybody who has seen Tiger Sharks waiting for the first flight of sea birds from their nesting sites will probably be not that surprised there might be a shark or two beneath Bempton. When you think about it, shark heaven?
    [/quote] the shark that took the ling what i pictured was seen about 15 min beforehand chewing on a gully we thought there was a seal come to join us but on closer viewing and one ov lads said he seen a ruckas a bit away from boat says ....SHARK !