1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A SECRET LOCATION SOMEWHERE NEAR TO BRID.

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Jellyworm, Jul 24, 2007.

1. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Well the yakkers hit the sea big time today a floatilla of them out around ???????? in search of the elusive cod.

I wont bore you with a report on the fishing as we never caught anything .....honest ;) ;) ;).

However I have to mention Ramrod and his shrimps .

He has apparently been nurturing these critters for some time now looking for the opportunity to have a crack at the Bass with them.
    When I went in to the shore to re-rig both my rods after snagging Ray had just turned up and he excitedly brought a little cool box over to me and showed me his treasures. Well these things aren t shrimps the are maaahoosive !!! more like lobsters .

Anyway the tactic that Ray a.k.a. bubba (shrimp gumbo, shrimp fricase, fried shrimp,boiled shrimp....etc) employs is that he takes the Arnie shrimps out to the rock edges for a little exercise, as they can only get so big on the steroids he s been feeding them. Then he fishes them on a long tracewith the shrimp on a collar, no hook.When a bass see s the shrimp its nearly over,up the bass swims and then the shrimp kicks it head in and drags it back to the yak for Ray !!!! Simple.

Anyway while Ray was warming his leviathons up Iain (quint) employed more conventional methods and extracted a 5lb ish beauty from just under the cliffs at ?????.

Well done Iain.
    [​IMG]

I just hope Ray got all his shrimps back, after all this time he must be proud of them now ... ;) ;) ;)

Cheers Dave.

Ps.I got a couple out but not bass.

[​IMG]

Pps. So did Iain.

[​IMG]

2. Ringer

Ringer Rockling

nice one dave.well done mate ;D

3. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Decided to have a go at the Pollock and Bass. Managed about 8 Pollock while trolling, great sport. The bad news is I lost my best 2 plugs :'( Got hit by one good pollock which shot for cover and got my first plug fast up. Me being quick to learn put another one on and the same thing happened :mad: For got my camera too otherwise I could have filled up the HALL OF FAME in one go, Would,nt of beat Dav,s though as biggest would have been just short of 4lb at a guess. Found a mint spot but it needs to be flat and then my Arnie Prawns are coming out. Good to meet up with the lad,s too. Dave,s starting to look like Arnie too with all this yakking, those bad lads who tried to leg it have got no chance ;D

4. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Good report Dave - was well chuffed with the bass - it came out of no where at the end of the retrieve and smashed into the lure tearing line from the reel - a great angling memory

the plastic armarda was out in force good to see all the forum lads out - all using different methods - Rob and his ultra light approach - Dave "jelly worm" J with his two pronged attack at all cod within 20 feet of his yak, was sure I could hear "flight of the valkyries" from his prowler - and as for ray "bubba" ramrod and his box of critters - all marine life was scared sh**less and just gave up to the force - even Volusian scarpered when he saw the "secret box" approaching

5. mww

mww Rockling

Nice bass, we've had dozens not far from there & nothing anywhere near that size....well done!!

Mart

6. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

That's it , been on ebay plugs are now ordered, I want me some of that bass/pollock action !!!

Watch this space for some verified kayak cod hall entries from now on too. (you watch won t be able to buy a bite now !!!.....lol)

Well done Iain, superb angling, you sussed those gullies out and boy did you get it right, or just a lucky twat.....hee hee !!!! ;) ;)

Hopefully the sea will be as clear as.......now how did you describe it....next time we can get out...? ....lol

Cheers Dave.

7. Dav

Dav Rockling

Very good session lads , nice bass iain......
    maybe one day youl get a pollock biger than mine ,,ray..... ;D ;D

8. Volusian

Volusian New Member

yes it was a good session as always ...... i always enjoy yakking at North Landing ... its a great blend of top Cod fishing plus some stunning scenery too ...

[​IMG]

9. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Another great report and it looks stunning on those pics. What a great way to relax after a day at work :)

10. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Hi Volusian, I was paddling out to introduce myself and you started to paddle in the opposite direction, was it me or my prawns? ;D
    I only used 1 last night and after about 1 hour of chucking it out and dragging it around I thought I,d change it. When I grabbed hold of it, it started kicking like crazy :eek: I let it go in the end because I felt sorry for it :-[

Baza maybe had the best idea which is a couple of split shot and just freelining them. Finding the right tactics for differing ground is the key I feel. It,s one big learning curve.
    That man quint came up with the goods again ;D what a sight, to see a Bass come from out the shadows and follow your plug before grabbing it, brilliant!

11. Volusian

Volusian New Member

Hi ramrod ....... i never saw you .. i heard you were around further up the coast ... i saw Quint paddling around when id got back to beach but not you unfortunately... and you cant miss me.. im the Big lad in the Big Malibu .. ;D

12. robq

robq Rockling

It was a great evenings fishing and nice to see everyone. I love those after work sessions in summer watching the sun go down. We should make the best of it as another month and it will be dark too early to make it worth bothering :'( :'(
    Those are serious prawns with attitude Ray :eek: :eek: I was too scared to stick my hand in your bucket for a closer look !!

13. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

I,ll get some more on the next night tide Rob, and when it,s right we can all have a go with them. We,ll pool £1 each :eek: for the captor of the heaviest Bass.

14. robq

robq Rockling

Deal ! ;D the bass would need to be proper uns though to take on those babies !!

When I got in last night I was having a beer and felt a bit peckish :eek: as usual there was nothing in the cupboards and I found myself thinking how tasty a few of your super prawns would be fresh boiled !!

Dont you find yourself becoming attatched to them over time ?? I will bet they all have names by the next time out ;D ;D

15. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

;D It,s the Bass that need to become attatched to them ;D and don,t be trying to sneak a few away with you to garnish your Bass with as there,s strict rules as regards prawn smuggling ;D

16. Dav

Dav Rockling

Are you float fishing them ray ?

17. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

superb threads lads.......just a big thanks again to all for not getting to hacked off at all the yakkery goings on......and to think 6 ago ws only thin king of lead chucking.......mind you can t wait for the winter ....been a long time since been winter rock fishing... ;D ;D ;D

Cheeers Dave

18. Dav

Dav Rockling

I can see birds nests coming ,on first cast in winter boys... ;D ;D...........i first started getting into kayak fishing ,well reading up on it etc , around 3 years ago , a lad who ran another website got a yak and started to post pics and messages up on his exploits.....i was very intrested but never got around to trying it . looks good , but abit easy to bag up ..... ;D... i think ide leave the cod for winter and target more exotic fish like bass and pollock , which i must say ray is starting to do .....your not getting worried about catching all ure winter cod are you ray ;D........

19. topecatcher

topecatcher New Member

[​IMG]

A Pollock from the same area you guys are fishing. There are some very large resident fish which are great sport on light tackle these fish should be returned and we should continue to enjoy some excellent sportfishing. I have got to say though it looks good fun on them yaks, see you out there
    DB

20. Tcliffe

Tcliffe New Member

well done lads i know were you are i saw you on a boat i went past