1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A red letter day on the tope

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by cps, Aug 21, 2012.

Tags:
  1. cps

cps Rockling

Sunday saw teaser head south for only the second time this year [ first time dam wind it blew us back again :angry:] and we were blessed with one of the warmest days at sea i can remember tshirt all day untill the run home at 4 30

fishing started well with the maki playing ball straight away always a good start to get bait quick

a glassy calm ride down made the 20 mile run soon pass i had invited one of the lads with us that works for me as he has been wanting a trip at the tope and he waset to be disapointed
    9 am the hook went in and by 9 10 the first run of the day to me and first fish to the boat this pace continued for the next few hours and by 11 30 when a couple of lads from withsea joined us we had had 20 to the boat :surprise: :surprise: :surprise: :surprise:
    these lads are sesoned tope anglers and a little suprised to say the least when they asked what we had had :cheesy:
    the sport just kept going at the same rate untill we finaly pull the hook and headed back north, another plesent suprise was a smoth ride home normaly she gives us some pain in one directrion :happy: :happy:
    [​IMG]
    second fish of the day and first tope for liam
    [​IMG]
    vetran tope wrestler mww with an avrage size fish
    [​IMG]
    me geting in on a bit of wrestleing :laugh:
    [​IMG]
    liam started to lose his fear of them eventualy :laugh:
    all in all it was a crackin day with 42 tope to the boat and proberbly another 12 or so lost all around 40lb to 50lb mark
    had a quick nater with the other boat befor we headed back and the had lost count after an hour :laugh: said they had never had is as good :surprise:
    heard on the grapevine rupert had a cracking day yesterday at them but thats a story for him to tell

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Another great days fishing Chris. Its terrible when the weather spoils a days fishing, but when you get them read hot days without any wind, you forget all about the bad days. Nice to see Mart still enjoying his fishing too.

3. cps

cps Rockling

been a poor summer for us weekend warriors all week no wind the sunday comes along wirth 20mph of brezee, never mind with days like sunday it just makes it all worth it

4. Antony

Antony New Member

Brilliant report and photos matey.That's gonna take some beating,thanks for sharing it with us .....Awesome days fishing.

5. mww

mww Rockling

Glenn...don't know about enjoying it...the 10 tope days are a lot more laid-back... :whistle:

Wouldn't swap if for the world though....

One thing that I saw that day that was a first for me was when Chris missed a run & wound his bait back to the boat, he was just lifting it out & a tope came from nowhere & veered off at the last minute...awesome!!

Mart

6. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

well done lads cracking Days fishing well worth the 20 mile run Practice day for Mart ?

7. Pollock Kid

Pollock Kid New Member

Sunday was definatly the best day fishin I've ever had ! It was a complete new experience for me, new pb and a glorious day ! What more could you ask for ? Thanks again to Chris an mart for havin me and for all the help :)

8. MCP

MCP Blenny

Well done fellas. I see you managed to beat the 28 or so last time I came out with you last year. What's happening to the porgie fishing??

9. cps

cps Rockling

uk weather thats whats hapened to the porgi fishing , although there was a 8 footer in salmon nets filey bay yesterday when i figure out how to rob pictures from face book ill post one up

10. Baramundi Bob

Just hot link the picture. Load the picture up in your browser. Right click and select copy image location. Then paste the link here.

11. mww

mww Rockling

Mick (MCP

Good to hear from you, glad to see you're keeping an eye on us!!

To be honest, the day you were with us they actually came a bit quicker than they did on Sunday...not by much, though!! Plus Sunday we fished into the 2nd tide an hour or so, whereas on your day we wrapped up at slack water I think, as the runs had eased off...really unusually that didn't happen on Sunday..

At slack on Sunday I put a livebait out on a float, got one on that after 5 or 10mins, dropped a new livebait down & was still attaching the float when the bait was grabbed....cps will take some pleasure in telling you that at that point I discovered that my line was round the rod top, & promptly bust....

assume you're not making the trek this year?

Cheers

Mart

12. rupert

rupert Blenny

We had exactly that when we fished there the following day! I'd never seen a tope follow a bait to the surface before!

Will post pics of our day when I have access to decent broadband.

13. mww

mww Rockling

..must be something to do with how hard they were competing, mind there wasn't exactly a shortage of bait fish!!

We also had some of the longest first runs that we've had, & that was after setting the hooks very early, so they were running against drag...wouldn't have like to have been a whiting that day!!

Mart

14. Baramundi Bob

Hi Mart, it must be awesome to see tope coming at you like that. Its great when you see bass and pollack chasing lures at close range, so to see a tope must really be something else.

15. cps

cps Rockling

ye had a nice bass take the plug about 6 ft from the boat 2 weeks ago , saw it coming from a good was away along the surface then bang of she went, much more pleasure than sat waiting for a 2 lb codling to bite that dosent even bend the rod

16. cps

cps Rockling

will give it a go tonight as i dont do face book so will get the better half on it

17. GJW

GJW Rockling

What a super days fishing lads and the weather was great for you too. Do you think the tope are present further up the coast say Boulby, Skinningrove area?? No one seem's to target them up here but I am sure they must be some around..

18. robq

robq Rockling

That is a red letter day :happy:

Awesome sport !! I will be having a go at them next year :yes:

That 3 rd pic down ( wrestling ) could be an awesome caption competition :surprise:

19. cps

cps Rockling

lol questions were asked what i was doing to that tope

20. robq

robq Rockling

Its the look on the topes face that suggests something untoward going on LOL :canadian: :canadian: :canadian: