1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A nice piglet-cowbar- few more pics

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by mike_t, Feb 8, 2013.

1. mike_t

mike_t Jackson Kayak Team Member

After being stuck at work through all the recent good seas. Then my car goes wrong I finally get a trip out. Last day off work and a quick two hour trip to cowbar gully.
    Kids to bed and off I went getting down hour before low, two lads were already fishing but no fish yet. I Launched out squid cart just a couple of knocks, bring it back in, rebait and stuck some muscle on too, I wasn't in the water five minutes when the rod slammed over striking straight into it and a good scrap later a fat 8lb cod at my feet nailed on a circle hook. Straight back out but nothing till the tide turned, I had another fish on right till about 20 ft out and it came off. Win some you loose some
    My mate blanked but lads next to us had a 5lb cod. And plenty of bites.
    2 hours fishing and an 8lb cod. Back to work tomorrow, will upload pics as soon as me mate sends em, cheers for reading, Mike
    Few pics in the house

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. michael76

michael76 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The BestEST

Re: A nice piglet-cowbar

Nice fish mate well done...

3. bearne007

bearne007 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

nice one mate i was the lad that got the 5 pounder next to ya.....lost an even better one with last cast...give my mate the rod whod had enough...quick bite of a sarna wallop nearly pulled my mate in lost it only a couple of feet out defo a double figure well you win some and lose some

4. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

nice one fella, a quick window of opportunity and a nice fish, well done :yes:

5. mike_t

Cheers lads, and good to meet you bearne, there were a few out there last night, was gutted about the one I lost. Think you were coming off just as I drove off were you??

6. John e Ashford

John e Ashford When the going gets tuff we go fishing

A corker mike_t well done :happy:

7. bearne007

yeah mate we were 10 minutes behind you...carnt wait for Sunday now

8. mike_t

You going back down Sunday?? Going to see about having another quick session somewhere but not likely to be cowbar, see what the conditions are like on the day

9. cincinatti

cincinatti Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Nice fish well done fella!

10. bearne007

mike t going to bait up well for Sunday and catch me some keys lol .. don't no were we are going yet might try upgang I'll keep take posted mate

11. mike_t

0.6 low, very low tide, got a few ideas, stocking my freezer today I was almost out last night

12. dazz_m

dazz_m Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Nice fish pal I was their last night then left as I was only getting a few bites, I new I should have stayed lol, well done anyways pal

13. andym

andym Rockling

Nice one Mike well done

14. bobby

bobby Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Well done mate nice fish congrats

15. mike_t

:cheesy: cheers lads

16. bearne007

all geared up for a Sunday sesh mike t all rigs done got bait coming out of my ears lol...and plenty of action tom were you off then

17. mike_t

Toss up between cowbar, staiths, port, Ness of saltwick, look when I get chance tomorrow, swinging to east tomorrow evening or it is ment to

18. bearne007

well hummersea first then upgang then whitby west hope the cod are paying the taxi fare haha.....