1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Nice Nights Fishing But Spoilt By A Match Angler

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Oct 23, 2014.

1. cps

cps Rockling

i think you being a bit harsh on paul , I have no doubt he said what he said as that's the type of guy he is but has always taken time to talk to me and never done me any harm

ill now crawl back in the air raid shelter and wait for the bombardment from all the anti shortyists

2. simon22

simon22 Rockling

Hi cps. I don't know this bloke so it's nice that u defend him if u have good things to say. Problem is I have meet most who have posted they are all far better sea angles than me and have always been great towards me. I don't think they would call the bloke for no reason. I hope u don't get any negative response for giving your opinion.

3. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

You have a right to your opinion simon , I don't think theres anybody I know would have a pot at somebody without very good reason ---- I put up with him for so long , far to long --- One day I was down the Gare he came over blowing his stack [ And no I wasn't doing his traps ] he then spoke of paying to have me done over
    as he had done that in the past , how sick can you get -- He may have been talking utter rubbish but in my book
    you should never present yourself that way --- for me he is a lost cause

4. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Having sat and read through this thread again, not late at night and in the cold sober light of day, this really isn't putting the forum in good light. It's not meant to be a public whipping post after all.

Every walk of life, occupation, group , club and association will have good and bad in it, that's just life and if the horror stories within this thread are all true, then it's got nothing to do with match angling and whole thing doesn't really make good reading.

Hopefully it didn't really spoil your night....unless you let it that is.

It's time this one was locked off before it goes any further and someone gets out of hand..

5. simon22

simon22 Rockling

Hi big cliff. I don't have an opinion mate as never met the bloke. It seams many have and they don't speak well of him. I would not make a judgment until I meet him. I was told once that rich cope was a twat and did not try hard to put u on fish in the boat, and that killer was a money graving git!!! Both r not true but if u take things on face value u get blinkered. I have said that I have never meet a better bunch of lads than I have in whitby, but u will always get a tit or too.

6. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

I've pondered on this for a couple of days, because this whole thread has made me uneasy, a man some people don't even know has been tried and convicted, he can't even defend himself, one guy who claims he's against violence thinks he should be hospitalized ! Please think carefully before publically abusing someone - if what you think I'm saying is wrong and am alienated so be it

7. simon22

simon22 Rockling

Your not wrong mate, and from what I know of the whitby lads it would take far more than that to bring things to violence. People spout off on forums bit I bet most would just tell the bloke he is a knob and not fill him in. I said before that my dad was abused on whitby west. If I had been there then maybe things would have been different as I am not 70 and 5 feet tall lol. But I am also sure that no one would come to blows

8. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Ive tried and convicted him Iain and I would take an oath and tell you that story as I told it initially, and I have 6 very good witnesses all of whom you know very well who will tell you the story exactly the same way I have told it. Im not at all comfortable with you suggesting it isnt true.

The reason I posted this is because this type of thing goes on far too often, and by suggesting somehow Im lieing is allowing it to continue. Why on earth would I make something like that up ?? If your suggesting Im a lier then you clearly have the same mentality as Mr Short.

This attitude of owning a mark or non match anglers not allowed to fish on a club night must stop. The lads I fish with are all very quiet, but you know them personally so when you see them ask them how many times they have been told they shouldnt be fishing on a club night. This is not an isolated incident by any strecth of the imagination.

I seem to remember once pulling up at bempton and being given the third degree by a regular contributor here. If you think this isnt the result of match fishing, your seriously deluded.

9. flipper

flipper Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Got to say I completely agree with jellyworm and quint here.
    I think the point is they are not doubting what was said but is it then right to name the lad on a public forum to be tortured rather than just having words privately?
    Surely now it's time to stop all this,the lads that we're there I understand them having a bit of a rant but for others that don't personally know the bloke to start chipping in reeks of cyber bullying to me.

10. Baramundi Bob

I guess if its cyber bullying you could report it to The Police or the guy could persue it himself if he so chooses ? Im very comfortable with all Ive said, Ive reported a factual event and have numerous witnesses to back that up. Anything else I have to say will be to his face.

11. robq

robq Rockling

Myself and Dave have seen it plenty of times in the past when we have been on a pleasure session that happened to coincide with a club match :p

How dare we occupy important spots when these lads are fishing for precious club points and we have only driven for 30 miles to pleasure fish :mad:

Next time I get one they will be getting thrown over the cliff and I joke not :)

12. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

I d like to turn this all on it's head and tell you one of my experiences.

Two years ago my club match came around and the beaches were dire, so I thought good bit of East in the wind and a bit of sea on...I know I'm off to fish corner of North Landing Flambro'. Got settled into the little perch that there is there and match time came round so chucked out. As I sat there I heard a noise behind and a chap of mature years scampered down and with a smile said,
    " You don't mind if I join you do you lad ?" My reply , " No course not you get chucked out." The next couple of hours was spent nattering to a real gent who imparted some golden nuggets of Flambro' cliff fishing to me. Not only that but he proceed to pull several fish out in front of me, drink half my coffee and then say, "well that's the best bit of the tide gone now I best go put my chickens away !"
    That was all the action I saw that match other than a seal eating a fish in front of me just to add insult to injury.

I bumped into the chap again, he wasn't fishing though,I was in our first club match, this time he was with his lad who also dropped in next to me on the cliffs ! This time thankfully it was me that had the upper hand....I had 8 fish to his lads none...lol.

Just goes to show that even when fishing a match you can be sociable and learn a lot along the way.......Thank you Mr Alan Richardson, I learned a lot that day and I was pleased you enjoyed my coffee too. ;)

13. robq

robq Rockling

Good story that Dave :)not the 1st ti e I've heard it but it does go to show that basic human manners and social skills can go hand in hand with match angling ;D

14. Baramundi Bob

Thats how it Should be Dave. There is no need for it to be any other way. Being a member of any club does not give anyone a priority around access to the coast.

Please dont think im pointing the finger at all match anglers because im not, but also pretending its not there isnt a true reflection of the situation either. The attitude should be challenged wherever it arises for the benefit of all anglers.

15. smokey

smokey Rockling

I knew you were talking about alan before I read the last paragraph.
    A truer gent you will not find,very very knowledgeable around that area to.

16. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

I remember that night very well jim boulby was hottest spot around these parts at that time water like mud 24/7.

Personally paul has never done myself any harm, you allways take people as you find them.

Over the years i have seen one or two other people get Irate when it comes to fishing a mark. I have heard people say you are fishing on my rock and my anser would end in off, jokingly but then I would just let it go right over my head.

I am little surprized paul went on one in his old age. fishing is about enjoying yourself and helping other people all this is rather sad really.

Paul.

17. Baramundi Bob

If you dont challenge it, turn the other cheek, pretend it doesnt happen, deny it exists, then it will continue. Awarness brings change. The attitude has no place in Sea Angling at any level.

18. Big Kev

Big Kev Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Some of my pals are very good course fishermen and they pay for a license year in year out, then day tickets for there chosen venue that weekend, club fees, etc. etc.

But last time I checked we don't need licenses yet, there no peg numbers on beach or cliff, and since we've still got freedom in this country I'll fish where ever the hell I like.

Now I've never had an issue like the lads did the other night or the poor older gentleman on whitby west but then again I'm not 70 either, and if I'd have heard it I'd have said something because that's the way I was brought up.

This isn't a dig at this one chap it's at everybody who hasn't got the first clue how to speak to or treat people.
    Every action will bring a reaction, treat people how you'd like people to treat you and threads like this wouldn't exist!

19. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Glenn I apologise if you interpret what I've wrote as compromising your honesty. On reflection if I had written my post directly after your thread then it may seem that way. In no way am I disputing the facts you relate that happened on the night, why would I?

My expression of "tried and convicted" is a direct result of the historical, subjective and sometimes disturbing comments that followed concerning Mr.Short, one of which I highlighted. Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion, and indeed is an important ingredient to a healthy forum, but being the character I am some of these made me feel uneasy, and I felt I needed to express them.

In no way am I defending Mr.Short for his actions, the issue has nothing to do with me but between you and him

Your public suggestion that I may be deluded on this subject has certainly upset me, as I believe we have a stronger relationship than that comment deserves.

20. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

This id my last post on this sad topic --- as I said it dosent give me any pleasure to have a go at anybody BUT
    I haven't stretched anything and just told it the way it happened , I will be having nothing to do with him again