1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Nice Nights Fishing But Spoilt By A Match Angler

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Oct 23, 2014.

1. cuzza

cuzza Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

i use to do his tyres down the gare ...while he was there!!...he got irate about it once ...but only once ..call it pay back very satisfiying experience for me ...not so much for him ..

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Was that one of his many black eyes ?

3. E.F.C. FOREVER

E.F.C. FOREVER Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Sounds like a delight this gentleman !

4. simon22

simon22 Rockling

You are probably right glen. As said I have never meet a more friendly and polite bunch of lads as I have in whitby. At home my wife won't go in a pub without me but she has always felt safe in the town

5. robq

robq Rockling

From what I know of shorty from the few times I have met him I think he is abit of a loner an likes his space ::)

I guess you lads spoilt his match lol ;D

6. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

7. Baramundi Bob

8. dyeox

dyeox Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

a few years ago the same person at the redcar open presentation shouted the odds and was swiftedley dispatched to the floor whith a good right hand maybe some people will never learn

9. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

its a shame tbh, we all go fishing to enjoy ourselves and this type of behaviour is slowly being over come. ive fished club for a few years now, and i can say that most of the lads are happy to help and offer advice and chat openly where they have fished.

there are still a few odd balls there, you learn not to give em much time though. when you ask them where they have been and they either say `just out there' or `fishing' it does make you think they are tossers, yet its funny if you have a sack full theyre the first to tumble over themselves to come talk to you, strange indeed.

10. oldtrace

oldtrace Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Realised the man was total c@ck first time I met him over 20 years ago. Only him and one other up their own ar$e match anglers have managed that.
    Don't want to know you when they are catching, but your best mate when you are.

11. frank avey

frank avey Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Dont tar all match anglers with the same brush I'm sure there is plenty of match guys out there that are good blokes.
    Sure most people will know someone with this guys bad attitude and have nothing to do with them which is the best way to deal with billy no mates.
    Keep enjoying your fishing lads .

12. Jimthefloat

Jimthefloat Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Remember back to the late 80's, fishing on Whitby beach in a club night.
    Shorty was fishing about 50 yards away from me.
    I pulled out 2 5lb errs in 2 casts, he blanked.
    Called me all the names under the sun.
    Also around about the same time, he and Dennis Thompson were fishing down Boulby on a club night.
    Back in the pub at after the weigh-in Shorty turns up saying he had fallen going back up.
    And accused Dennis of moving the robes so he could not use them.
    I thought Dennis was going to kill him.

13. limpet

limpet Blenny

there's one or two who act like that up this way too lol

14. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

Every year the grief you get from him over collecting peelers is unreal , He has fallen out with so many people its unbelievable --- In the nineties I went to Anstruther for a week , I went to an area called Boarhills to look
    for what I believed would be good fishing marks , I used a video camera and recorded what I believed would be
    a good mark , Shorty got a lend of the video and duly fished that mark , winning the match with around 53 lb of
    cod , he never as much thanked me for the info / look at the video --- That just about sums him up

15. greenmanbiker

greenmanbiker Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

met a few guys like this in the 70s/80s one person said to me he was fishing the east scaur /redcar in the match ,lying twat .me and my mate were the only ones on there .I have a nickname for this guy .limpet ,and it sticks if you keep calling it,

16. Mop The Hoople 2

Mop The Hoople 2 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

its a shame tbh, we all go fishing to enjoy ourselves and this type of behaviour is slowly being over come

got to agree with above statement , after many years of similar attitudes, found out most club match

nights & avoided them like the plague.

it did help to overcome the obvious time/tide/ conditions venue to fish etc & be out when the "class"

lads are out enjoying /sharing info etc & not been tried to be bullied out of a mark by sheer numbers

some genuine lads will not fish if your on a mark when they arrive, others as I said earlier just smother

you/cast over/spoil it .

years ago a couple of times ive actually moved to let a genuine lad (Richie smith) fish the mark

& took enjoyment from him doing well at the expense of some of the other me me me match men.

17. bigsi

bigsi Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Sounds a right numpteee ;D
    I don't condone violance,but on this occassion u should ov kicked ten bells of s*** out of him...
    Prone for it dwn my way,only look on the forum for catch reports n moan n slag every one off for posting there's,I tell e'm me if it wasn't for us ANGLERS posting on forums like this u idiot's wouldn't have anything to read.........
    Just ignore the morons,total empty heads ;D ;D

18. fishface1

fishface1 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

not just match anglers who are complete nobs

19. Baramundi Bob

Ask him if he was born in that Village. If its who I think he is, he doesnt originate from there and is giving the rest of the village a bad name.

20. Mop The Hoople 2

Mop The Hoople 2 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

he owns a fish shop not a certain Mr S pearson ?

giving the rest of the village a bad name, Agree if that's the case, no grovers will deliberately

target veichles, weve been down this road before, all genuine lads