1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Nice Nights Fishing But Spoilt By A Match Angler

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Winter Cod Fishing At Kettleness

Its been a while since The Bass Club managed to get a few of the lads together in the same place for some fishing. Infact July in Skye was probably the last time we met up.

After watching the forecast and contacting all the lads, the 7 of us who could make it decided on Kettleness. We felt the conditions wouldnt be perfect but given that there was 7 of us going to fish together that the area was quite big enough for us all to be there along with any other anglers who had chosen the same mark.

Myself and Mike arrived 5.30 and were stood on the cliff top having a bit of banter along with a lad from The St Mary's club, I think it was Lerch. What happened next was very sad indeed and really detracted from what was supposed to be a group of friends meeting up to fish together.

A guy well known to many of you - Paul Short pulls up in his car, and walks over to us scowling "Are you fishing here" were his opening words. We explained thats what we were intending to do. He then began what i can only describe as an interrogation of what we were doing and why.

"Is there any more coming?? " We explained there would be about another 5 or perhaps 6 turning up soon. He then started giving us a hard time as he said "There isnt enough room down there for 7 of you". Then he starts saying "Oh, I bet youve been on that bloody forum encouraging people to come here", again politely I explained we were meeting as a group of friends to fish together. "Is it a comp ??" was the next question. This went on for quite some time untill Myself and Mike decided just have a different conversation of our own and ignore the idiot.

Paul then Walks off to look over the cliff top, returning to us when the rest of our group arrived. Farron who is one of the easiest going blokes you will ever meet said "Hello Paul", and Mark who is actually a vicar gets out of his mini Bus and smiles at Paul saying Hi and asking him if he was ok. Paul then launches into a load more of his verbal Diareah and calls all The Bass Club lads a bunch of tosspots. I was fuming with him at this point and ready for a bit of a word in his shell like. Luckilly for him he left at a rate of knotts in his car. Needless to say I will bump into him again soon.

So before we started fishing the night had been put on a bit of a downer by the local Retard and his match fishing mentallity. Anyone who doubts what Match Fishing does to some people need look no further than the behavoiur of this class 1 bafoon.

So we eventually got down the cliff and did some fishing. Mike and Mark managed a few small fish between them from the back rocks but the fishing was slow.

We proceeded to fish untill about 10pm and followed the tide out down the main run at Kettleness. The fish just didnt really materialise. I think best catch was 3 for Mike and the rest of us had 1 or 2 mops each.

I would like to say it was a good night as usually The Bass Club get togethers are fun regardless of what we catch, but on this instance I feel the night was soured somewhat by Mr Short's appauling attitude to a group of lads just wanting to enjoying a few hours on the shore in each others company.

Attached Files:

2. Sadung

Sadung Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

It started when children stopped getting slapped at school there's generations of them ignore them they soon go away !,,

3. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

this aint no kid they are talking about Sadung!

4. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

I was totally shocked at his childish behaviour. Who'd have thought a man that's been around since the dinosaurs would act like this.

Still had a great night out with friends and a few fish to go with it

5. fishermanbob

fishermanbob Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I was down there lastnight . I went down with snap off , seen all your lights huddled together so we went off towards the water fall i got my two fish in the first 3 casts a6lb 4oz and a 4lb 4oz

6. jason131972

jason131972 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I love fishing get togethers with mates shame about the incident,
    ive seen lots of situations like that fishing course matches, ::)

7. Mladds

Mladds Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

That's a nice couple of fish mate. I should have left that huddle and joined yours lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

I have known Mr Short for many many years -- What I can say after all theses years U have never come across
    a more selfish , arrogant toss pot in my life --- His attitude has always been -- ME FIRST -- ME SECOND AND IF
    THERE IS ANYTHING LEFT --- ME AGAIN , Selfish beyond belief -- About 3 years ago I went over and told him
    never to speak to me again and its been lovely -- I should have said it decades ago !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Big Kev

Big Kev Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Fishing for me and the lads I'm lucky enough to fish with is fun, and just good craic, if we catch some it's a bonus, an arse like that gives people the hump, and gets genuine pleasure fisherman a bad name with some of the local people we rely on to park up or just general time of day banter. Clowns like that will want a tax disc on your rod :mad:
    Tell him to f@?k off!
    Shame about the fishing tho ;)

10. ShArK

ShArK Blenny

Strange people that are like that, I had a certain angler do the same to me first time I went down Hawsker he was ranting swearing and kicking right off (I dont want you down hear f#@k off this is my place ) cant say ive ever fished there since.

Funny thing is ive know him years ............Tosser

11. jaydee

jaydee Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

That's pathetic ... That type of thing happens all the time .i was born and brought up in filey and been fishing Brigg since my early teens and still on festival week if you wanna get on certain marks because you know they're gonna produce ... The logs you get from certain people I tell you they're as clicky as dolphins ffs .. You feel like saying iv been fishing here longer than you tossers

12. jaydee

jaydee Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Looks lol

13. simon22

simon22 Rockling

I have been lucky glen with most of the locals in whitby. They have always helped me when they can and I have never met a better bunch of blokes. Perry dan killer mike v My dad on the other hand was threaten by a bloke on whitby west who wanted his spot on the end in a club match. My dad is a tiny bloke and 70 years old. Not good. And glen and the rest of the bass club, how dare you fish in the sea!!!

14. faraday

faraday Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I have experienced a couple of very similar cases at scarboro recently.

A polite and mummbled Fu** off seemed to do the trick.

15. Baramundi Bob

He aint a local Simon. If he was I have no doubt he would have been tied to a ladder in the harbour at low tide by now. We dont tolerate them in Whitby. Your polite and friendly or you can F Off.

16. carpyken

carpyken New Member

love it :) You all been too soft Glenn, should have been more like this..

17. Big Kev

Big Kev Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Let's get a petition going for him to F&@k off, even Glenn will sign that one ;D

18. Baramundi Bob

Ill sign it for deffo. Him and his Ilk have no place on this coast. Share and be friendly is the only way.

19. Baramundi Bob

Ha Ken, believe me, hes in no doubt about my feelings I made that very clear to him.

20. crabadabado

crabadabado Blenny

Tut tut you know you have to make allowances for the less fortunate, and now elderly gentleman in question. Lol.
    Cheers Col.