1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A long night on Whitby west

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by tatch1, Feb 3, 2014.

1. tatch1

tatch1 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Three of us made the journey over from Holmfirth & fished from 11pm Saturday till 8am Sunday on the pier BLANK for me a whiting & 1lb codling for Dave a whiting for Andrew

2. Mark

Mark Blenny

Unlucky mate , great effort though . Was there a sea on. I heard that it fishes better when rough. I fished it 2 weeks back for 2 codling when the night before they were pulling them out. Had calmed down alot when we fished. Sods law.

3. dabcatcher

dabcatcher Blenny

bummer after all the traveling and putting the hours in. thats fishing..

4. Boro5707

Boro5707 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hard luck mate, long way to travel for very little reward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. david blake

david blake Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

a great night was had ,when i saw the sea state i thougt it was too flat but better than watching a repeet of big brother final with r lass ;D

6. bigsi

bigsi Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Unlucky buddy,least u gave it ago,good stint mind ;D
    May be it had calmed off too much,as it's allways better in a blow ;)

7. stevie62

stevie62 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hard lines tatch, eventually you,ll have a pig.

8. peter catchpole

peter catchpole Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

keep at it rob ,,have you blooded them beach casters yet lol ;)

9. Joebassdude

Joebassdude Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

We fished Whitby West for a few hours Saturday morning/early aft. Had to leave as the wind was insane. Re-located to Robin Hoods Bay.
    Blanked at both venues.

10. tatch1

tatch1 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Was using both the Mercury & the Apollo Pete first time Ive fished two rods on the pier thought i would double my chances i did double blank ::) :D i will get one yet though

11. 3be2

3be2 Blenny

There was someone on earlier from Hudds.

Now I know I might be a newcomer to Hudds, having only lived here for 30 years or so, but how come I have never met a single Sea angler in all that time?

Are you like buses? Never see one but then five turn up all at once?

12. david blake

david blake Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

we have been under cover fishing when were on the pier we dress in are railing gear ;D. google madsac and you should find the club site

13. tatch

tatch Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

aye a long tough old session that, all for one blank saving ting but still enjoyed the session. we will get at em eventually fingers crossed.