1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A GOOD DAYS WRECKING ON SEA-OTTER 2

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by bigcod, Mar 4, 2016.

1. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

A break in the weather yesterday gave me a chance to give the wrecks a whirl conditions look good small tide and not much wind forcast so it was all looking good i told the lads squid and shads were the order.

When i was off monday the water clearing well inshore and with the tide smaller yesterday i had a gut feeling a few of my favourite wrecks at this time of year would be on fire the lads from rotherham were well up for it.

We started on a wreck on the 3 mile the wind still a bit fresh from the west a few fish were coming aboard but i said to the lads things will chang when the wind eases and the tide slows right down it will come alive we moved a few miles up the coast to the next wreck the lines went down and bang the rods were over shads and squid were taking fish the lads from rotherham were loving it .

My good friend rob was on fire he ended up with at least 20 cod himself and some nice fish as well here he is with his best fish a nice cod just under 10lb .

[​IMG]

At one stage it was fish a drop for rob .

[​IMG]

All in all it turned out nice day the weather was good in end the wind dropped and the lads massed quite a few cod the total around the 90 mark plus one or two ling and an odd pollock .

Here is the boys at the end of the day with just a few of there fish.

[​IMG]

Cheers paul.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2016
  2. Glenn Kilpatrick

Glenn Kilpatrick Blenny Staff Member

Three days ago you said there was no fish left. I guess yove been proving yourself wrong for 40 years now though.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Glenn Kilpatrick

Glenn Kilpatrick Blenny Staff Member

4. brian carragher

brian carragher Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

They look nice fresh run fish Paul

5. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Yes a lot were fresh fish brian allways nice to see the fresh ones fingers crossed if its as good a summer for cod as the last one we are in for another banaza this year .

paul.

6. simon22

simon22 Rockling

I had a bit of a shocker today. Fished with Paul many times, calm sea, choppy sea. Could not stop being sick today,, found it hard to consentrate on the fishing. Still being sick that night so maybe had a bug or virus. Still a great day but I would have had more if my head had been in it.

7. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

It was a bit of choppy day Simon to begin with but did fine away lovelly in the end not a nice feeling mate when your tummy ain't right summer not far away bud .

Paul