1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Good Cod Session

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by carpyken, Feb 12, 2009.

Tags:
  1. carpyken

carpyken New Member

After the gruelling blank I had down Holderness last weekend I was well keen to get back out and try and find a fish or two.

I met Buzz tonight at one of our fave low water venues, it was an evil night with a howling northerly wind and threatening snow and hale showers.

We rigged up and chucked out, within minutes we were both wiped out by weed, one more chuck and if it didn't get better we were off, neither of us wanted to put up with that.

Funny it cleared almost immediately and didn't return, within minutes I had a good bit and landed a little coddling of a couple of pound. I re-baited and cast out again, almost immediatley again I had another bite and reeled in an almost identical fish. Poor Buzz was having a hard time of it and lost a couple of good fish to snags, the lad then finished early as he had to be up for work early this morning. I carried on and had a couple of better fish, all in all six casts and six fish. Things then took a turn for the worse, I lost a couple of fish to snags and then the bites tailed off completey which wasnt a bad thing as it was now 2 in the morning, it was snowing and I had a long drive home.

We got snowed on, pelted with hail stone and had a bitter north wind to contend with but when the fish are biting non of this matters - nothing big, all between 2 and 4lb (put one back). Just holding that rod in the dark and waiting for that thud-thud, you just cannot beat it. Off to bed, Ken

[​IMG]

2. Benq23

Benq23 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Brilliant, glad to see some fish...(and no small amount there) coming out,
    nice one

3. oddjob

oddjob Blenny

nice looking fish... you should of sent some to the sea life center.. 6 fishing and 0 bites!

4. Acko

Acko Rockling

Nice one Glad to see someones catching a few fish, Its been terrible around here of late (Skinningrove)

5. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

Well done Ken, well deserved :yes:

6. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Excellent result Ken, well pleased for you bud :happy: :cool:

7. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

well done ken. atleast someone is finding a few

8. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

well done lads, :yes:

9. newdave

newdave Guest

well done again Ken, hope you got them all filleted & cleaned up before you went to bed :wink:

10. ohmycod

ohmycod New Member

Nice fish Guys!

11. kipper

kipper New Member

dont fancy getting out the yak in those conditions ken?

you must be well thermaled.

kim.

12. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

very well done ken you deserve a few fish in those conditons :yes: i bet you enjoyed your kip after that :wink:

13. SAGE

SAGE always trying...... some say very trying !!!!!

cracking bag their ken well done

14. Dav

Dav Rockling

Yeah a good bag of cod fish there ken , well done mate....

15. Davo

Davo Rockling

Well done Ken, just deserves for a hard session :yes:

16. EddieD

EddieD New Member

Nice bag of coddos there :cool:

17. GJW

GJW Rockling

Well done top fishing, just what is needed to keep up our enthusiasm.. :cool:

Thanks for sharing them with us.. :yes:

18. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Yes well done Ken, a great bag of fish for this time of year. Even more of a shock that you caught them up this end of the coast. Top angling.

19. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Nice 1 Ken, what a gr8 sesh 6 bites n 6 fish... Well deserved mate for all the effort....

20. 09tindac

09tindac Could'nt catch a cold

nice fish!!

bit cold for me though