1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A few hours cod fishing today

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by mike33, Oct 8, 2011.

1. mike33

mike33 New Member

Decided to have few hours coding down me favorite spot today...................high tide was 3pm so of i trots down the cliff
    and as you know there is a fair sea running and I thought i had made the wrong choice there was a lot, no a hugh swell
    but there was plenty of calm bits inbetween before it came again so had a few fruitless casts but it was fishable.

Forth cast got a good bite and landed a fish of around 5lb
    [​IMG]

then the next couple cast were again fruitless but half an hour later I landed a second fish
    [​IMG]

another hour passed and i decided at the top of the tide i would make a move up to Sandsend cliffs and half an hour later
    I plonked me sen on the rabbit holes were upoun me first cast I lost a fish, I had a few more bites and landed a coley,
    and then I decided to have me last cast and ten minuites later landed me third fish
    [​IMG]

The fish were between 5 & 31/3lb nice fish.................when gutted they had been feeding on small edibles and shrmips
    bait I used was cart and fresh crab.
    [​IMG]

good day was had..................defo out tomorrow.

Mike

2. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Nice 1 Mike, 3 nice fish there bud..............

3. goaty

goaty Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Good stuff!, well done on finding the fish.

4. Sam_bousfield

Sam_bousfield Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Them rocks look like staithes, I could be wrong though

5. halfprice

halfprice Owt For Nowt

nice fish lovely coloured cod

6. robq

robq Rockling

Nah north hawsker I reckon :yes:

Nice bag of fish Mike :cool: I would be happy for the same in my club match tomorrow :yes:

7. barrymac

barrymac Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

nice fish, well done

8. lochbois

lochbois Guest

Good session you have had there and they will have been caught in daylight with the 3 pm tide wont they?

9. stickman

stickman There's a difference between fishing and catching!

Unfortunately I'm working all weekend - and I'm full of cold, otherwise I'd have been out myself.
    Well done on a decent catch there :wink:

10. Ian Alexander

Ian Alexander Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hello Mike,
    They're a nice stamp of fish those mate, well done.

Hope you're keeping well, regards Ian

11. Benq23

Benq23 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Nice one, off out myself tomorrow and fancied high tide, seeing a couple of fish come out in the daylight is definatley a confidence boost.

Nice report

12. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Well done Mike. You had a better day than me. Rod snapped first cast as I struck a fish. We tried to ring you but you musnt of had a signal.

13. mr lee

mr lee Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Damn Glenn, what a downer. Gives you a good excuse to buy a new one though and a back up one just incase you have problems with the first one... :wink:

A nice catch there Mike. Well done on finding a few decent fish.

14. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

well done mike, i take it you never fishedlong enough into darkness for bats to land on your line :scared:, i could;nt be arsed tonight opted for a two second walk from the car cowbar jetty, all that drizzle for one mop :ugly:

15. woody

woody New Member

well done mike , there is some fish out there !!!! been to saltwick tonight for a lot of billets , bumped in to mr harland on the way he struggled to , did u try frozen mike , fresh is fishing well at the mo , they dont seem to want to know frozen !!!

16. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

You should stop buying those cheap and nasty rods glen :wink:

paul.

17. mike33

mike33 New Member

Eh up Woody I was using fresh crab and frozen cart seem to work ok for me like, the Coleys up on Sansend were a decent size.........a good 2lb.

No bats yesterday Paul..........weird as foook that..."bats on your line"

I'm alrite Ian hows yourself..............they are a good stamp of fish, put up a scrap aswell............was out uptideing a week ago on the yaks with Damo and all the
    fish we had were around this size as well, in good condition and fighting fit.

Mike

18. GJW

GJW Rockling

Well done Mike.. Nice to see some good clean fish the ones we have had lately have been very red and was concerned that no outside fish had moved in.

19. BOOMSTICK

BOOMSTICK Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

well done mate some nice fish there

20. jase

jase Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

well done m8 some nice fish. the weather last night was a slap in the face WELCOME BACK TO COD FISHING :laugh: