1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Few Hours At Goldsborough Friday Night

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Nov 15, 2014.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Winter Cod Fishing At Goldsborough

Myself and Mike (Kool) opted for a few hours down Goldsborough Little Tunnel End on Friday evening. After the heavy rains throughout the day the track down was quite an experience.

First cast for me, a wind knott, lost line, what a great start. Mike managed a nice cod of about 5lb first cast. Second cast I had bites but nothing came of them. When it came to wind in I was stuck solid.

The night progressed and it was clear the fishing wasnt going to be as good as we had hoped. Perhaps the sea had dropped away a bit too much or maybe the swell had been running a bit too long.

The end result of the bad wasnt too bad, Mike managed 3 codlings in total and I got one of about 5lb. I suppose thats not a bad result for 3 hours of fishing.

Hoping for a Pete Dunn/Garry Watson sized bag of fish soon.

Read More Winter Cod Fishing Reports Here.

Attached Files:

2. Mladds

Mladds Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Nice one Glenn a few nice fish anyway. Will have to link up with you and cool mike soon :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Baramundi Bob

November Bass Club Night must be soon Mark. Maybe this week ??

4. Roger Melly

Roger Melly Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Glenn, what size / make are those circles you are using ?

Roger

5. glassback

glassback Blenny

at least theres a few decent fish showing glen ,i wouldnt fancy the getting back up rather than the get down lol
    all we seem to get now is wind and rain for winter .
    what breaking strain line do you use glen

6. Baramundi Bob

Think its 60lb Andy.

7. glassback

glassback Blenny

do you think you loose more traces useing braid compared to when you used mono .or is it no different

8. idge

idge Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Great report but more importantly, fantastic pictures.

I reckon that you lose less tackle using 60lb braid. More likely to straighten out hooks. I've even snapped 60lb rig body.

Ian

9. Baramundi Bob

I really dont know Andy. Only been using it a short while.

10. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

After a few years using briad I always expect to lose more gear when using mono.....but in heavy seas holes fishing i prefer mono.....but tide distance work braid....I found more straightened hooks than lost gear.

11. lawsy

lawsy Rockling

It was only steady on there last wednesday night too glenn I think matty garbut has emptied it in recent years