1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A few for Jelly tonight.

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Jellyworm, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Winter Cod Fishing At Bempton

http://holderness-coast-fishing.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=15288.0

Bag weight 18lb 4oz

BIGGEST FISH 4LB 13OZ + another at 4lb 10oz

Total fish tonight 9.

Bait frozen green crab and frozen black

Bempton Cliffs.

Sorry its late and I can t work out how to copy all the pictures across as uploaded them with tapatalk.

Dave.

Oh and the fin nor wound the two fish just under 5lb up the cliff without the slightest bit of flex, really happy now its been tested a little....need a proper un now to see how it fairs. 8) It was the rod that was twisting that was hard work...... I think my Afaw rock is softening up ;-)

2. Big Cast

Big Cast Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Well done mate...i couldn't find one so had to do with flounder's in me match.....came second tho :)

Best Regard's Darren

3. lipslicker

lipslicker Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hi Jelly,
    Keep thinking I wish to fish Bempton, and can see you know the lie of the land there, so could I ask a few questions -
    - do you only use your F/S and AFAW to winch the fish fish up?
    - what sized fish can that set up cope with?
    - does your rod extend enough over the edge, or do you use a pole with a roller on end?
    - do you know if an Ultegra 14000 Ci would cope like your Fin Nor?
    - and, lastly, are you able to fish alone, or do you need a mate to kneel on rod, etc.?
    - and, from Big Railings, at RSPB?
    Any answers much, much appreciated.
    Ben

4. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Well done on the fish matey. Hoping to get down there tonight with The Whitby Club Boys. Weve got a minibus for an evening out.

With regards to the pictures, im not certain but I think tapatalk is just the same as photobucket but it automatically puts the links into your post. So i recon, if you click modify on your post on Holderness you should be presented with bb code that looks something like :

[*img]www.tapabollocks.com/yourimagename.jpeg[*/img]

Then you just copy and paste the ones you want.

Thats my theory anyhow but I aint looked properly, but im sure they host the images and put thelinks in place for you and you can move those links into any post anywhere on a bb forum.

5. Baramundi Bob

or, right click on image, copy image location, and paste the img location between the image codes

[*img]Image location goes here and pic will display when you remove the stars.[*/img]

6. Baramundi Bob

What is a fin nor ? How much etc ?

7. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Fin nor offshore 94 reel. I was put on to it by a few cliff anglers, been quite a topic of conversation recently. Last night I had no cliff pole and just sat back and cranked away, no reel twist at all...... Ok only just under 5lb but the reel behaved like it was pulling up a 2 fish. Long term unknown but time will tell ;-)

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2

8. cps

cps Rockling

also diawa make a black and gold off shore spinning reel similar to the finnor and penn spinnfishers recon that ones built proof as well

9. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

We're you fishing a club match dave?

10. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

A big well done Dave on a good catch , and reeling fish up from that height is a test for any reel . I had a couple of fish off the tops at Eyemouth
    last week on my Fin Nor 8500 it felt good

11. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

No Ray, I ve decided that this year I would have a year out from club fishing and enjoy fishing when I wanted to and donate the odd tenner to the Scarborough anglers pocket money funds in the open matches ;D ;D ;D