1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A few fish from bemmo last night 30/10

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Mark Gelder, Oct 31, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Got a message from Clifftoprunner in morning saying sea looked good for a bit of scaur fishing, i managed to get permission and was in scarborough for around 3.30 but the sea had dropped away,

still coloured, so it was either drive or bemmo, NO contest upto Bemton i went. After a 20 min walk i was in position, sea looked coloured enough.

First cast and after 15 mins got a few nice pulls followed by a lunge and fish on, got it to bottom of cliff before it was lost, next 3 or 4 casts i got finicky bites which had me picking the rod up for the fish not to come back.

Around 7ish and 1.5hrs into ebb i got a much better bite which turned into the 1st mop of the night.

I quickly cast in the baited trace and set about unhooking the fish, as what happens alot up there the fish seem to come very quickly, must of been a matter of minutes before the next bite which again was finicky however after several small bites i assumed the codling crouch only for the fish to pick the bait up and swim towards me,

i wound in the slack, felt the fish and struck into what felt like a really nice fish on the shallower ground, after getting it to the base of the cliff i sat on the rod butt with the rod on the bank stick i could just wind the reel with the help of me turning the spool,

before long i had a lovelly fat 6lber on the bank, weighed 6lb dead. I continued to get bites but just couldn't hit them, i was certain they were cod and eventually i managed to hook a couple after reducing bait and hook size going down to 3/0's.

After missing a few more bites and losing a couple in the rocks now showing below it was almost LW when i caught 2 more in quick succession. it then went very quiet for around 1hr over slack water.

About 1 hour into the flood the bites came back, i hooked a nice fish which i got stuck in the rocks below, couldn't budge it felt a bit bigger than the previous few mops i'd caught.

I was back in quickly and the next 45 mins were very hectic as the billet came on strong, i caught a mop and 4 billett, that ws the sign to head home. Was a good night with more information gleened from Pete(Clifftoprunner) cheers bud.

Apollogies for quality of picture................

[​IMG]

2. woody

woody New Member

well done mark !!!

3. mike33

mike33 New Member

Nice one Mark.....good report....well done on the fish mate........Mike

4. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

that billet looks a goodun, i like billet mint floured and fried

decent sesh mark and a good fish in amongst. thats what its all about at mo, getting a good one in among the tiddlers :yes:

5. deadlyfish

deadlyfish Guest

I really enjoyed painting instead of fishing !!!
    Well done Mark catch up soon

6. richie7

richie7 Blenny

Sounded a fun session Mark. A decent one thrown in too.

Good read especially with the accompanying pic as well.