1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Few Cod At The Weekend From Kettleness (With Pictures)

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by mike_t, Jan 27, 2014.

1. mike_t

mike_t Jackson Kayak Team Member

Saturday I made the decision to have a look out down Kettleness. Looking at the conditions I thought it looked good for it. A quick trip down Keith's just for some bait, £110 later I was sorted, new smock and bag to go with my bait ;D

I got down the bottom and there was a bit of a chop on and a strong westly wind pushing across. I slung out a lug and squid on a pulley rig with a single 6/0 hook.

First cast I had a good thump on the rod, but striking to nothing. Good sign I thought and rebated and slung out again. Not long after and another thump on the rod and I had a fish coming in, a codling of 2lb.

Cast after cast I was getting some cracking bites and out of the few hours I was down there only on 5 of the casts I did not get a bite but I was loosing or missing the bites.

I tried a bit longer hook link which made no difference. Then I tried a pennel with a circle hook up top and the next cast I had another codling on, then another and another.

The fourth fish was a bit small so slipped it back and after that not another bite so called it a night soon after.

[​IMG]

The one I returned
    [​IMG]

After so much interest I had to get out again and although the conditions were not the same I tried my luck on Sunday in the same spot and was rewarded with another two codling (2lb & 2.5lb)and loosing two, one felt much better (the one that got away) but the lad with me just had a coaly. So another not bad result on a flat sea.

[​IMG]

Thanks for reading Mike
    [​IMG]

2. jason131972

jason131972 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Re: Few fish the weekend- kettleness

great report ;D
    how you find the new smock ta :-\

3. mike_t

Re: Few fish the weekend- kettleness

Not too bad the smock. The material holds the cold but not caused me an issue. Kept me warm and kept the wind off me

4. dmc

dmc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Nice report Mike good to see the fish are still around :)

5. congerball

congerball Blenny

Good report and a few fish too. Nice one.

6. jase

jase Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

well done mate, well deserved fish to show for your efforts

7. bearne007

bearne007 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Nice report mike _t nice fish hopefully a few on wed for me

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

8. MidlandYakker

MidlandYakker Blenny

Nice one, Mike...

Thanks for posting.

9. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

Good report mate you can't beet that muddy get down lol.

10. mike_t

A lot of the bottom bit of the get down has washed away. And it was very sloppy towards the bottom and at the first rope it's soft the ground.

11. david blake

david blake Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

nice one 2 days on trot cant be bad you cant beat a good pic aswell