1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a double for scotty from cowbar

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by BOOMSTICK, Dec 29, 2012.

1. BOOMSTICK

BOOMSTICK Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

After getting a text from mick (hooked by the sea) askin if i fancied a chuck i had to decline as i had loads on but he said he wasnt going untill about 8pm.

By half 7 i had managed to do most the things i needed to do and since mick had pestered me a bit i eventualy broke like a soggy kit-kat and rang him to say i was going but we fish cowbar gully. I quickly sorted through my bait i had 5 lumps of mouldy cart a bit of old pink squid and a dozen rotten frozen peeler :yes: nice 1 i thought not much bait really need to restock.

Mick picked me up at 8 and off we went heading for cowbar. Got there and thought we would head round to the boiler hole but half way round we decided it was a bit late and wouldnt have much time fishing so headed back to cowbar gully.

Got set up and chucked out with a huge cocktail of pink squid rotten peeler and stinking cart. After about 15 min i though i will have a smoke halfway through rolling a cig it happened 'bang bang bang' with both hands busy i couldnt strike sod it probs just a mop any way. Finished rolling lit it and felt a little tap then slack line wound down and felt it nod again struck and fish on.
    All the way in it kept dragging me in to snaggs but gave it a bit slack line and it was out so after a few heart stopping moments i had a nice cod of about 4-5lb sat on the floor next to me

[​IMG]

After a few curse words from mick about being spawny he cast out for his second cast and in true mick fashion he poured him self a bovril as doing so he got a bite but not a positive 1 so he left it then past me his flask and said can you just put that in my bag. So i past him my rod and walked towards the bags when i heard SCOTTTTTTT fish on when i got back mick was stood with his rod in the air trying to wrestle a fish and hold my rod wish id got a pic of the panik in his face. I got my rod off him while he landed his fish another nice cod of about 3lb 8oz. I got a bite but missed it and lost my rig.

By this time the ebb had finished and the flood had started

Next cast for us both was slow but mick managed a mop of about a lb and a half again i had a bite and missed it again :hurt:

Rebaited and chucked out left this bait out for ages this time as bait was low mick was on baiting up when i got a couple of little taps on the rod wound down and held it. Again 'tap tap bang i hit in to it and knew i had a fish on but it was coming in really easy. Oh just another mop i thought. Got it about 30yds away and it finaly woke up and off it went like a steam train i nearly pooped my pants. It stripped a bit line off and went solid F@#K i thought but then i felt it nod again, it wasnt snagged it was just a bloody lump after good old tussel with it i finaly got its head up and just thought to myself no way is that attached to my line i couldnt belive it.

I shouts over to mick 'iv got a good 1 here' apparently he shouted asking if i needed a hand but in the excitment i didnt hear him haha.

With its head out the water i knew i couldnt lift it on to the scaur so had to time it with a wave to wash it on when the water settled there it was. A big fat piggy :happy:

[​IMG]

After that i was just buzzing knew it was a pb but not sure how much of a pb it was i was eager to get home and weigh it.

Had a few more chucks after that all resulted in good bites but just couldnt conect and on the last cast mick lost 1 to a snag.

So we packed up with 4 fish between us.

[​IMG]

Once back to mine we weighed the bag first and it pulled the scales to just over 22lb
    So that was it we knew my big 1 was a double it was just a case of how far in to doubles it would go.

Hooked it on to the scales and watched as it pulled them down to 12lb that was it the smile on face said it all.

All in all had a cracking night micks first trip of the season and i broke my duck this season and finaly caught a fish.

If i had prepared better we could have had a sack full as had 6 casts in all and a bite on every cast but im happy with what i got.

Cheers for reading
    Scotty

2. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Nice report Scotty and a cracking fish! Well pleased for you bud :yes:

3. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

nice one scotty mate

4. SAGE

SAGE always trying...... some say very trying !!!!!

what a topper of a session... definitely one you will remember forever...
    cheers
    Paul

5. snap off!

snap off! Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

howdo, welldone scotty a cracking fish that is and well done to your mate for geting a couple, russell is kickin himself as were we going to cowbar last nite but couldnt get off the sofa, lol
    well done

6. BOOMSTICK

Dale you missed a good session been talking to russ on facebook. Was fish from the off and every cast resulted in a good bite

7. John e Ashford

John e Ashford When the going gets tuff we go fishing

Ace report, well done on the PB. :happy:

8. snap off!

snap off! Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

howdo, i know scotty i had to choose fishing or sit in my siderman onise and watch spiderman, :yes:

9. MidlandYakker

MidlandYakker Blenny

That is one fat little Mo Fo...!!

Excellent fish off the shore.

10. mike_t

mike_t Jackson Kayak Team Member

Congrats on the PB pig, awsome fish and a cracking report too, well done matey

11. Woodsmanuk

Woodsmanuk @woodsmanuk

Sounds a great night!

Good report too, well done.

12. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Well done Scotty, great report and great catch

13. nevbob

nevbob Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Nice one Scotty and Mick also! Make yas wanna get out again I bet!!!

14. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

A lovelly fish there Scotty , well done on a good nights fishing

15. ingoe1

ingoe1 Rockling

Nice one Scotty, thought you'd give up the rod for the kayak LOL

16. NICKB

NICKB Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Great result for you Scotty. Now then, must remember to snap some that old cart off the sides of my freezer. :laugh: :laugh:

Nick

17. Davo

Davo Rockling

Well done Scotty lad. Cracking fish there mate.

18. BOOMSTICK

Cheers lads.

Yeh trev i nearly had given up on the shore fishing the kayak has just took over but that 1 fish has made all the blanks and mops worth it

19. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

nice one bud, nice double, me n rich were nearly there last night, he said there would be a double from cowbar believe it or not, i just could'nt be arsed, needless to say he had a little bit to say about not going in my left lug :laugh:

quality stuff lads :yes:

20. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

Nice one Scotty cracking report mate. Sounds like you both had a great night well done.