1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A decent relible fixed spool reel.

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by michael76, Nov 3, 2009.

1. michael76

michael76 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The BestEST

Hi all,
    Can anyone recommend a decent fixed spool reel for shore fishing as im not confident enough about multi's yet.price range 50-70 quid.thanks.
    Michael.

2. craigs

craigs Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

try a penn surfmarster 750 ive had one mate and you cant go wrong but it might be a few quid more than you are willing to pay

3. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

4. ohmycod

ohmycod New Member

Despite some people wrecking them, I have a Penn Surfmaster 850. Has given me two years of stirling service.

5. stace1g

stace1g Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I have just bought the emcast 6000 as recommeded by this site. Cannot comment on it yet as I havnt used it but due to give it a try soon.

Gaz

6. robq

robq Rockling

I have a pair of the emcast sport 6000s and they are a very nice, smooth reel :yes:

I don't think you will regret it !!

7. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

I ve got a shimano super ultegra 10000........seemed a nice reel was recommended by folk on this site .......one fish 5.5lb off tops gears crunched and wouldn t wind the fish up just locked...now runs like its full of grit !....and at nearly £200....not sure about this one .
    Daiwa embcast 6000...fish to 5lb.......lots of mops and with two spare spools for just over £50!.....i reckon if i trash four in a season it will be hard going but at a quarter of the price of the more expensive reel.....no brainer !
    Early days yet but cheap as chips and lovely line lay ....just wish they were a bit slower on the retrieve as i ve pulled out of some good fish already this season by winding too fast !

8. codhead

codhead New Member

Wont go far wrong with the Penn 750

9. michael76

michael76 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The BestEST

thanks people great input and advice, much appreciated. :happy: