1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Couple Of Recent Launches From Sandsend - Kayak Fishing Report

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Sep 2, 2014.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

A Whitby Bass Club Report

Well it sort of tells a story of the year when you say you've only launched the kayak 4 times. Its not been for the want of trying but it seems the weather has been less than perfect this summer and despite the warm weather it seems to have been incessantly windy enough to keep me on shore.

Also Im not sure if I have been spoilt in Skye but the fishing just seems to have been poor to down here this summer. Admittedly there has been stacks of cod, but its the bass and pollack that I really love to chase.

My last 2 launches have been out of Sandsend. Both were pretty quite really. The first yielded a few nice pollack to 6lbs and about half a dozen bonus codling which took my Pollack lures.

Last night, Myself, mike, Damo and Faron launched from Sandsend again, and despite a lot of effort the fishing was once again poor. i managed a couple of small pollack, Mike had 2 or 3 pollack upto 3lbs and Faron managed a couple of codling.

I was hoping to get out again tonight but that small bit of swell put me for the mark I wanted to fish. Were hoping for calm weather into the weekend so we can get a full day chasing the pollack.

Always nice to get out on the water I suppose and lovely to see another cracking Yorkshire Coast Sunset.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]