1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A couple of hours on Whitby west

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Mladds, Oct 17, 2014.

1. Mladds

Mladds Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Winter Cod Fishing At Whitby West Pier

After the night before at rabbits, with one of my elder sons arron. Thought I would have a few hours with the youngest son Joshua age 9 this time . ( teach arron not to catch more than me lol )

So needed an easy place for the lad therefore west it was. Arrived about 7 pm, and fished of end. A few twitches but no fish in first hour. The lad started asking when we going after an hour lol so bribed him in offering to fetch chips and coke. Thanks to a Whitby lad called peter I left my gear and of to chippy.

On return there was a cod just size sitting buy my bag, peter said just after I left the rod went, as always lol.

Missed a few knocks as to keen, then about 10pm bump. I started to pull what I thought was maybe a billet or small cod. Then as got closer it started to pull a bit more than usual.

Then there it appeared, a little doggy. Had one of these a few years ago of here as well also similiar size.

The lad was more happy than I was lol fished until 10:45 knowing high was 12:10 but he's only 9 and bed time was well gone so headed of.

Two nights on the trot, so happy man :) plus out with rich cope on mistress weather permitting Monday for some uptiding... Excited to say the least.

Tight lines and roll on proper winter ;-)

Read More About Winter Cod Fishing Here

Attached Files:

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

We seem to be getting a few more of those turning up MArk. Looks like we may have some decent condition this week mate. get that secret bait ready.

3. Mladds

Mladds Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Secret squid you mean, forgot to say in past reports what bait:) you know me if I wasn't using squid that would be the surprise lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk