1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A couple of hours down Saltwick after work results in a New pb

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by mike33, Oct 30, 2012.

1. mike33

mike33 New Member

Just returned from a short but very succesful trip down Saltwick with a grin on me face that I'll still have timorrow :cheesy: !!!

I had made my mind up this morning to go down Salwick tonight but on seeing the state of the sea I chaged my mind
    and was going to head for Goldsbrough after work!!! anyway 4.30 came round and I got my gear ready to do just that, I headed out
    and found the sea state had changed again and so my plan had changed back to the original one.......Saltwick it was.

I arrived around 5.15 and the tide had well turned and I had about 2 to 2 1/2 hours of fishing in the spot I had chosen, I made my first
    cast and within ten mins I was reeling a mop of around 1lb not a huge fish :cheesy: but one for the pan.

Two fruitless casts later I baited up a cocktail of crab worm and razor and proceeded to cast my fourth bait out of the night again ten
    mins past and I decided to make another bait up, just finishing this I looked up at the rod and it was keeled over double quickly I
    picked it up and felt a small pull on the rod and then another it went again and it was time to strike.....bang it was on it felt like a good fish
    I was thinking 5 / 6lb and then a wave really tightend the line and then it went light, I caught up by reeling like mad and I was back in touch
    with the fish :yes:.

It was now in fairly shallow water and I really could feel that it was much bigger than I had first thought....the fish then started kiteing to my right
    and pulling strong with its head down, I was getting it close to the rocks in front of me and decided to make my way down to land the fish, then
    I noticed a set of three waves coming in and I had to get the fish out before the waves washed it into the rocks and a good chance I would loose it
    so I made the decision to lift the fish, but on seeing its head above the water and feeling the weight I didn't know if it could be done but them waves
    were still coming and fast so I went for it and up it came....just about over my head but safley landed behind me!!! :yes:

I looked at my catch "YES YES YES a bloody double at last" "get in there" I shouted not just once either!! if anyone had heard me they would of thought I
    was a nutter :laugh: :laugh:.

I had to get it weighed!!!! so one more cast and I was away back upt cliff......I rang Damo see if he had some scales and ten mins later we were round at
    Deans to weigh the fish.......just over 11lbs it went.......a new pb and my first double :yes: :yes: chuffed to say the least!!!!............

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mike

2. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Well done mike the big fish spot.
    paul.

3. Shadrap

Shadrap Rockling

Re: A couple of hours down Saltwick after work reults in a New pb

Quality fish Mike well done and congratulations on your P.B.

Now tell the truth,the secret bait is there for all to see in the last picture,goldfish livebait :evil:

Is this the new "magic crystals" :whistle: :whistle:

4. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

congratulation Mike that is a great fish well deserved. I would of been shouting to if I had landed that.

Now that new pb is going to take some beating Mike but I am sure you will have a good go.

Well done Tightlines Chris

5. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

Well done Mike quality fishing mate!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

6. greg.t

greg.t Blenny

congratulations on a great catch, spot on mate.

7. Ian Alexander

Ian Alexander Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hello Mike,
    Fantastic mate, realy pleased for you.....what a cracking fish :yes:

Regards Ian

8. lawsy

lawsy Rockling

Class fish bud well done

9. WillW

WillW Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

YES! Great fish and a great report, bet the adrenaline rush when it landed was huge! Loved the read, felt every twist and turn, will take some topping that pb :)

Sent from my ST25i using Tapatalk 2

10. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Great fish, great report and great pics. Top quality matey, a big well done. You deserve that for all the effort you put in.

11. robq

robq Rockling

Belting fish Mike :cool: well done

sounds like you had a bit of a job getting it out :scared:

Never forget your 1st double :happy:

12. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

over the moon for you mike, mint, good stuff.
    i lost a pig off cowbar cliffs earlier, could'nt even get it started up the cliff, in the end i wrapped the line round my arm and tried walking backwards, it just snapped a 50lb snood, defo double :sad: hate cliffs. :sad: faired a little better later though :yes:

13. GJW

GJW Rockling

Cracking fish Mike lets hope its your first of many which i am sure it will be. :cool:

14. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Cracking fish mike and well done on your first double.

15. boro roy

boro roy Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

quality fish mike well done bud

16. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

Well done mike well deserved for the time you've put in

17. mike33

mike33 New Member

Thanks for the comments lads........still buzzing this morning :yes: :happy:

Mike

18. Supersonic

Supersonic Whitby Bass Club

Yes mate, quality fish there. Congrats Mike you always seem to sneak them better fish out!

19. bobby

bobby Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Well done fella a fish to be proud of :yes:

20. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Nice report and a belter of a fish Mike, well done bud well pleased for you :happy: