1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A couple of early season reports

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by mattylamb, Oct 22, 2015.

Tags:
  1. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

well now I've finally managed to get my original forum account online, i thought I'd post up details of my first few sessions of the winter season.

First session was a walk round to wills mams over low a couple of weeks back. There was a nice bit of swell running, plenty of colour and a good tide for it. It turned intoa decent session. 5 fish , the biggest 2 being 6lb 5 oz and just over 5lb. Would definitely had more if the weed hadnt been so bad. We just had a small window without the weed and it was a fish a cast in that time.

20151007_175337.jpg

20151007_204558.jpg

The next night we wet around the staithes area, there wasn't much colour in the water but i managed 4 , a decent stamp mostly around the 3lb mark. most fish were fresh run , while the night before they had been mostly kelpies.

The next session involved a trek down boulby. again not a lot of colour and I was well and truly shown how to fish by Paul Garbutt who pulled in 7 to my measly 1. ah well you cant win em all!

Then it was back to Staithes , this time i got 2 fish out of one of my favourite holes.

My most recent session was last saturday night when I went back round wills mams. I started on the bullnose at High and landed 2 mops, before going for a walk round the bottom. Again weed was a problem but a move of mark paid off and I pulled 4 fish in 4 casts ending up with 6 for the session

So not a bad start with 16 fish from 5 sessions and its looking good for the season. Sorry about lack of pics!

• Like Like x 5
  2. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Nice 1 Matster

3. robmc

robmc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Superb Matty, well done! Is wills mams only accessible at low by walking round under the bull nose or can you get round a different way?

4. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

you can go down the back cliff mate.. walk down the path to the side of the runswick bay hotel and follow the path down

5. Iank

Iank Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Some cracking fishing there Matty.

6. robmc

robmc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Thanks Matty, I'll be giving that a go soon

7. SAGE

SAGE always trying...... some say very trying !!!!!

nice fish there matty it looks like you know the ground and marks well........before the season started both me and sean (Bow 1) had a bit of a recce at both wills mams and the ground round towards staithes nab over a couple of evenings trying to suss out access and fishing marks...there seem to be some good shots but also some very risky shots if you dont know the marks.........
    cheers
    Paul

p.s. i fished towards staithes at the bottom of cliffs but didnt arrive early enough to fish some of the holes ....the tide was just beginning to flood so never had a lot of time there and ended fishing flat scars with no features...hence no fish..but i will be back there later

8. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

Good read Matty well done on the fish.

9. deecee

deecee Blenny

Great report Matty . Thanks for posting

10. the artist

the artist what a view , i think ill paint it or fish it

IMG_6815.JPG IMG_6817.JPG a few pics from runswick for you Matty

Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Dav