1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Change of plan.

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by bobthedog, Dec 21, 2017.

1. bobthedog

bobthedog Blenny

Bought fresh worms on Tuesday got back home then realised we were going out for a meal with friends that night, ho sugar (or something like that). My next free night Thursday so rearranged with my mate to fish either Whitby pier or Upgang. Been getting dizzy spells last couple of days so the other half forced me to the docs this morn. Not good news an inner ear infection requiring medication with strict instructions that I can't drive for a few days till the pills take effect and no alcohol whilst I'm on them (so it's a dry Christmas and New Year).
    Yet another rethink, my other half said she'd drop us off and pick us back up after Emmerdale so it was a trip to Marske then. We fished a couple of hours up and two and a half down. I had a flounder first cast then nothing till nearly two hours down. Just over half an hour before we packed up we started getting a few bites. I had another flounder and my mate had two schoolie bass. Judging by the severity of the bites we missed I think they could have been schoolies as well. We could see that there were some lads fishing along towards the stray, a guy walking along the beach said one of them had two decent codling. It was a pleasant night to be out even if the sea was flat calm.

• Like Like x 1
  2. navmanfish

navmanfish Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

If you were fishing below st Germain's church you will find its a bit

Shallow for @ 100 yds as it first ebbs off to a few "lake holes" its pretty feature less.

The beach constantly changes, if you fished the slip way /Zetland house area its

Got deeper,harder ground that's better for schoolies etc.

You need to check over low water etc to see the fish holding features.

Regarding redcar scares ,ground area the last rough up we had a few to 4lb

On the scarf edge.

Two local lads had 8 fish in the 1st hour so if you find them when conditions right

Returns are better.

3. bobthedog

bobthedog Blenny

Thanks for the info, although I just live at Guisborough I tend to fish more towards the Whitby area. Due to the fact I wasn't driving we just went down from the church. I normally prefer to fish last hour down to half tide up on beaches as I've always had better results then. As usual the bass were caught closer in as my mates casts were shorter than mine.

4. scrubbs

scrubbs Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

good report, thanks :)

5. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

nice report and some fish to boot
    i will raise a glass to you
    we are going to give somewhere a go tomorrow sandsend or runswick